Softpedia Editor's Review for Rainlendar Pro
A feature rich calendar application that is easy to use and doesn't take much space on your desktop
Written by Gabriela Vatu on January 7th, 2013
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for Rainlendar Pro
In order to always remember the upcoming events on the schedule or the tasks you need to perform, an effective calendar application is required. Rainlendar Pro is a light tool that can keep track of various appointments and anniversaries.
The program comes with a nice interface that doesn’t occupy too much space on the desktop.
Rainlendar Pro is a calendar with plenty of tools that are easy to use. It lets you set up events and to-do tasks that can be viewed straight from the desktop.
Thus, when you schedule an event, you can fill in a summary, the location, the URL address, the start and end time, as well as assign it to a category. The utility comes with an extensive list to choose from, including anniversaries, holidays, birthdays, games, medical appointments, vacations and even TV shows. A recurrence pattern can also be set for each event in the list.
Furthermore, an alarm can be programmed to go off a few minutes before the event starts. All entries can be viewed straight from the small interface, while an icon is displayed in their respective days in the calendar.
Additionally, you can choose the week’s start day, fiddle with the widget’s opacity and have the program run on system startup. Hotkeys are also supported by Rainlendar Pro, so you can assign shortcuts for various actions, such as creating new events and tasks, viewing the next month and quitting the application, just to name a few.
Various skins are available to customize the way the program looks. Additional skins are available for download.
The bottom line is that Rainlendar Pro is a nice tool with some great features. Inexperienced users should be able to quickly figure out all the app’s features.
Rainlendar Pro description
Here are some key features of "Rainlendar Pro":
· Platform independent
· To do list
· Standards Compatible
· Shared calendars
· Outlook support
· Highly Customizable
· Multiple Calendars
· Import & Export
· 500 MHz or higher processor clock speed recommended
· 10 MB of available hard disk space
· 512 MB of RAM or higher recommended
· A display card capable of showing transparent windows
· Events from network, Outlook and Google calendars will have string [Unregistered] in front of them
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed a crash bug if another instance of Rainlendar was started.
· "Number of past days the list shows" was not working.
· Reversing the sorting from the event list's context menu could not be done.
· The font effects did not work for custom categories.
· The tool buttons in the manager adjust to the text width.
· It was not possible to remove calendar selection on Mac if "Allow multiple calendars" was enabled.
· Exporting the events in the manager only worked if the list had selection. Now all events are exported if there is no selection.
· The autocompletion works again in the category combobox.
· The traytip does not gain focus anymore when it is shown.
· Double click on the week or day view always created an all day event.
· The reminders were not read correctly from iCloud with CalDAV.
· The status image was not shown in the tray icon on Windows and Mac.
· Executing lua from command line failed on Linux and Mac.
· Creating a exception to a event in week view by dragging deleted the original ...