Gizmo for Windows 188.8.131.520
It uses your internet connection (broadband or dial-up) to make calls to other computers
And with inexpensive add-ons like Call In and Call Out, you can talk to any telephone mobile or landline on the planet. Any phone? Yes.
With Call Out, you can call any landline or mobile phone with super cheap Call Out Credits. Super cheap? How does 1.8 cents a minute sound? Enter any number into Gizmo Project and dial away. It rings like a normal phone, sounds like a normal phone, it only costs less.
You only pay for the calls you make, and your credits only expire if you don't use your account for six months. There are no monthly fees, no connection fees, and all billing is per minute. Simple, inexpensive, great quality.
Note: Some antivirus and antispyware programs flag Gizmo as being infected/malware, although the application is perfectly safe and does not pose a threat to your system. This is called a 'false positive'. The term false positive is used when antivirus software wrongly classifies an innocuous ( inoffensive ) file as a virus. The incorrect detection may be due to heuristics or to an incorrect virus signature in a database. [Similar problems can occur with antitrojan or antispyware software.]
- Sound effects - Add Sound Effects to your calls. Open the Dialpad at the bottom of Gizmo Project window and press the emoticon button during a call. You can choose other sounds (or upload your own) from the options menu.
- Check call quality - Click for the Call Quality Assitant to see bandwidth quality.
- Pick online status. Green: Available, Red: Away/Do not disturb, Orange: Idle, Blue: On the phone, Grey: Invisible/Offline
- Online status. Gives the current status of all your contacts.
- Click Map It to view map of call locations. Get a detailed map of the location of each call.
- Instant Messaging (IM) - Chat instantly with your contacts.
- Person being called receives call subject. Let them know immediately the purpose of your call.
- You can record any call on your Gizmo Project phone with the click of a button. The call record button is in the active call window, next to the mute and hold buttons.
- Type in Gizmo name or number here to make a call. Gizmo to Gizmo call always free. You can also call any traditional phone using Call Out.
- Share files with family and friends by clicking on the Send File button in the IM window. You can also send a file by selecting Send File under the Contacts menu.
- Create a group chat and talk with all of your friends at once. To create or join a group chat select Join Group Chat under the Contacts menu.
- You're avatar is the picture that you show to the world. Click on Change in the Profile window, then browse your folders to find the picture you would like to use as your avatar.
Gizmo for Windows
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 184.108.40.206
- Fixed 0609 - The Call history dropdown translated a 747 number to the literal name
- Fixed 0660 - Xetto installer icon looks bitmappy?
- Fixed 0540 - Remove "prompt to upgrade" checkbox, handle feature differently
- Fixed 0658 - Use new 'cog.png' for branded builds
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
- The software is trying to install ASK Toolbar. However you can uncheck this at installation.