Softpedia Editor's Review for ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter
Reads IPD (BlackBerry backup) files and exports selected messages and contacts to a single file of any document format
Written by Bogdan Popa on October 8th, 2012
If you are a BlackBerry owner, you most likely use the dedicated software solution to back up contacts, messages, calendar entries and the rest of the data that's stored on your handheld device.
However, in case something bad happens to your device and you wish to access, for instance, the contacts in a backup file, it's high time to give a try to a program like ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter.
This particular application was developed with a simple goal in mind, namely to open IPD files, the native format used by BlackBerry backups, so that users will be able to access the data stored in this packages.
What you can actually do with this utility, is simply open the backup file and see contacts, messages, calls, tasks, calendar entries, everything thanks to a user friendly interface.
In fact, at first glance, the GUI might seem somewhat difficult to use for some users, but the information is quite well organized in the main window, with contacts, messages, calendar, tasks and so on listed in tabs for instant access.
ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter enables you to save the content in the desired format and it comes with support for many, including PDF or CHM, HTML or RTF, TXT and even DOC.
There is also a detailed options menu that provides a simple means of customizing the export settings, database or message conversion parameters. You can also choose the 'Contacts' options and set the way in which they are displayed.
All in all, ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter does a pretty decent job and helps you accomplish a lot of tasks with minimal effort. Also, the solid feature pack has almost everything you need to easily manage BlackBerry backup files.
ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter description
Here are some key features of "ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter":
· Reads IPD (BlackBerry backup) files and exports selected messages and contacts to a single file of any document format: PDF format (Adobe Acrobat doesn't need to be installed), RTF format (also doesn't require MS Word to be installed), hypertext HTML format, text format, MS DOC format, popular CHM format, old good HLP format, and many more (Access, Excel, DBF, etc.)
· Generates contents with bookmarks (in RTF, DOC, PDF and HTML) and hyperlinks in the output file
· Easy to use and easy to set up. You can adjust fonts, colors, styles, effects of output file
· Supports column sorting
· Displays selected message (or contact)
· Supports advanced PDF export options (document information, 40/128 bits PDF encryption, PDF security options, page size, page orientation and page margins, resolution mode, compression mode, viewer options)
· Supports multiple CHM and HLP export options
· Exports messages to TIFF and DCX (multipage)
· Command line support, multiple language support, skin support
· 8 MB RAM
· 30 days trial
· Exports only 10 items at a time
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· BBB files support
| ||Softpedia guarantees that ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter 8.19 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |