Softpedia Editor's Review for ABC Amber Text Converter
Document converter with support for conversion between many file formats
Written by Bogdan Popa on February 20th, 2012
ABC Amber Text Converter is a powerful document converter that supports a wide array of formats and offers a very easy to use interface.
The application impresses mostly thanks to the number of formats it supports, but also thanks to the fact that it is safely addressed to all types of users thanks to its user friendly approach.
Although it's a conversion tool, ABC Amber Text Converter requires minimum configuration and users need just a few clicks before proceeding with the actual conversion process.
The main interface is the component that makes everything a breeze, as it shows all the supported formats right in the main window.
For example, you can use as source file any of the following formats: HTML, RTF Excel, TXT, Word, WordPerfect, Lotus 1-2-3, Works 2000, Ami Pro 3.0, WordStar for Win, Pocket Word Document, Clipboard, Recover Text or FoxPro.
On the other hand, the output format can be PDF, HTML, CHM, RTF, HLP, TXT, DOC, WordPerfect, Word 5.0 for Macintosh, Works 2000, Windows Write 3.0 and 3.1, Ink Writer, Pocket Word Document and Clipboard.
While it has some layout preserving problems, ABC Amber Text Converter works flawlessly regardless of the operating system installed on the local machine.
Still, it's highly recommended to have a look at the settings menu because it allows you to configure multiple PDF, CHM and HLP parameters, such as encryption, document information, layout and compression.
Overall, ABC Amber Text Converter is undoubtedly an easy to use application with a very simple approach, and the number of supported formats makes it a must try product in many cases.
ABC Amber Text Converter description
Here are some key features of "ABC Amber Text Converter":
· Imports HTML, RTF (MS Word doesn't need to be installed), XLS (MS Excel Worksheet), TXT (ANSI and Unicode), DOC (Word 6.0/95/97-2003, Asian Versions 6.0/95), WRI (Windows Write), WPD (WordPerfect 5.x/6.x/4.1/4.2), WK1, WK3, WK4 (Lotus 1-2-3), MCW (Word for Macintosh 4.0-5.1), WPS (Works 4.0 for Windows, Works 2000, Works for Windows 3.0), DOC (Word 2.x for Windows, Word 3.x-5.x for MS-DOS, Word 6.0 for MS-DOS), SAM (Ami Pro 3.0), WSD (WordStar for Windows 1.0-2.0, WordStar 3.3-7.0), dBase (FoxPro/dBASE), RFT (IBM's RFT-DCA), PWI (InkWriter/Note Taker), PSW (Pocket InkWord Document), PDT (InkWriter/Note Taker Template), PWD (Pocket Word Document), PWT (Pocket Word Template), Clipboard, Lexicon for DOS, recovers text from any file
· Eexports PDF (doesn't require Adobe Acrobat to be installed), HTML, CHM, RTF (MS Word doesn't need to be installed), HLP, TXT (ANSI and Unicode), DOC (Word 6.0/95/97-2003), WRI (Windows Write 3.0/3.1), WPD (WordPerfect 5.0/5.1 for DOS/5.x for Win/5.1-5.2 secondary, 5.0 secondary, WordPerfect 4.1/4.2), MCW (Word for Macintosh 4.0-5.1), WPS (Works 4.0 for Windows, Works 2000, Works for Windows 3.0), DOC (Word 2.x for Windows, Word 3.x-5.x for MS-DOS, Word 6.0 for MS-DOS), SAM (Ami Pro 3.0), WSD (WordStar 4.0/7.0), RFT (IBM's RFT-DCA), PWI (InkWriter/Note Taker), PSW (Pocket InkWord Document), PWD (Pocket Word Document), Clipboard
· Batch conversion (registered version only)
· Command line support
· Supports multiple character sets and encoding tables
· Includes a powerful embedded editor
· Supports advanced PDF export options (document information, 40/128 bits PDF encryption, multiple PDF security options, page size, page orientation and page margins, resolution mode, compression mode, viewer options, embedding style)
· Maintains hyperlinks
· Supports multiple CHM and HLP export options
· Multi-language support AND more!
· 8 MB RAM
· 30 days trial.
· In this trial version batch conversion is disabled
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· conversion to IPD (BlackBerry), XHTML support
| ||Softpedia guarantees that ABC Amber Text Converter 5.01 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |