AMIS is a software program that you can use to read DAISY books. It is self-voicing, meaning that no specialized screen-reading software is needed in order for it to be used by visually impaired people.
It's open source so give it a try and tailor it for your needs!
Here are some key features of "AMIS":
- AMIS offers a fully-featured multimedia reading experience.
- Navigate by section, subsection, page, and phrase, and set bookmarks as you read.
- Enlarge the font, change the colors, and speed up or slow down the audio.
- Open books from CD, from your disk, from the web, and have
- AMIS automatically re-open your most recent book at the point you stopped reading.
- There are even two display modes: the traditional "default" look and also "basic", which offers a simplified interface.