PCLReader is an easy-to-use tool that can help you view and convert PCL / text files into PDF, PDF/A, XPS, TIFF, BMP, PNG, JPG, PCX and ASCII Text documents. You can also use the software to quickly print your PCL files.
Furthermore, the ASCII text can also be extracted from the PCL file for data migration and archiving purposes.
Here are some key features of "PCLReader":
· PCLReader improves the way you interact with PCL and your critical data. PCL Reader gives you the ability to index, search, retrieve, extract/normalize and view complex PCL.
· Index/Search/Retrieve/View: PCL Reader can index PCL print streams, then search and retrieve specific pages for viewing.
· PCL Reader can split (extract and normalize) individual PCL pages into separate standalone PCL files.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· PCL Reader v13 is the latest release from PageTech and is available in 32-bit or 64-bit versions and is compatible with all Windows 8 environments.
· PCLReader.exe - Modify PCL - output to single file now gets it's filenaming prefix from the Convert Dialog's destination override filename.
· PCLReader.exe - Fixed scroll bar size, automatic scaling to view 600 dpi images.
· PCLReader.exe - Replaced hourglass with a new progress indicator when indexing.