Softpedia Editor's Review for PDF24 Creator
Create PDF files out of any application
Written by Elena Opris on April 19th, 2012
PDF24 Creator is a tool that lets you convert any printable document (including images) to the PDF format.
The interface of the application is clean and intuitive. You can use the Explorer-based layout to locate files and the "drag and drop" method to add them for editing. Batch processing is supported.
So, you can browse through a document's pages, zoom in and out, fit the height, width or whole page to screen,as well as rotate pages and save them in various formats, including JPG, PNG, BMP and GIF.
Furthermore, you can compress files and extract content from archives, view file properties, rename files and folders, as well as import from file, camera or scanner.
Additionally, you can view PDF files only, toggle between the horizontal and vertical layout, preview documents or just view their numbers, extract pages from a PDF file, create a self-signed certificate, and more.
In "Preferences" you can change the interface language, set the PDF quality (from standard to best), write strings to erase in filenames, enable PDF24 Creator to automatically download and install updates, and others.
The application runs on a low-to-moderate amount of system resources and didn't freeze or crash during our tests. The layout of the text, images and tables is kept at a very good quality. We haven't encountered any errors.
There is no help file available and you cannot configure any kind of PDF settings (e.g. edit metadata, convert only particular pages). Nevertheless, we strongly recommend PDF24 Creator, since it's simple to use by all levels.
PDF24 Creator description
Here are some key features of "PDF24 Creator":
· Merge and split PDF files
· Extract pages from a PDF
· Copy pages from one PDF to another
· Integrated preview for easy PDF editing
· Secure a PDF (Prevent from unauthorised opening, printing, etc.)
· Set PDF information such as author and title
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
BugFix: TWAIN (Scanner) bugs fixed:
· Importing from scanner or camera could be very hard because the used driver had some bugs. Some users reported GUI issues and other problems in this part. We have overworked the corresponding part of the PDF24 Creator to provide a more reliable component and we hope that all that issues are now a thing of the past.
· Furthermore importing multiple pages at once should now also be possible.
Feature: Loading files by command line when the PDF24 Editor is opened:
· Only one instance of the PDF24 Editor can be opened at a time. If you tried to load some files by command line when the PDF24 Editor was already opened then nothing happened. This version provides that feature. If the Editor is open and if you want to load files by command line then the files are loaded in the already opened instance.
Improvement: Optimized the installer to fix an PDF creation issue:
· If you already had an old version installed and if you installed an update or a new ver...