The SAVEit plug-in allows you to dynamically save information from FileMaker to a user specified text file. SAVEit has several useful functions for exporting text. You can name each text file on the fly, and you can create directories on the fly. If you have a path that does not exist you can have SAVEit create the path automatically for you, or abort the save.
SAVEit also allows you to control what is saved by letting you abort saves, write over text files, append to files, or rename files. Possible uses for this plug-in include exporting a database as html for uploading to your ISP, or creating log files for database use.
A few possible uses:
· Tired of FileMaker Pro's limited export functions? Use SAVEit to create your own export!
· Need to create a log of database actions, but don't want to keep it in the database? Use SAVEit to create a custom text log file!
· Update one of your "include" files for Web Companion often? Use SAVEit to automate the task!
Here are some key features of "SAVE it":
· Dynamically set the file name
· Dynamically set the path
· Dynamically create directories/folders
· Dynamically collect and save data from current and related databases
· Dynamically tell SAVEit what to do if the file already exists
· Save text via a dialog box
· Register SAVEit via a function. (Mostly for developers)