SoftWriting 4.5 Build 452
Enables you to convert documents containing handwritten notes and hand printed text into editable computer files like Word documents
SoftWriting is very simple to use and requires no prior expertise. A four-minute, easy to follow, wizard guides you through the required process to get you going. You import or create your documents using a wide variety of peripherals: scanners, tablets or digital pens.
SoftWriting learns your handwriting, then processes the document, converting it into electronic format. Words that have not been recognized appear along with the original document with editing suggestions. Following this quick process, you save your work as a text or MS Word file.
Get SoftWriting and take it for a test drive to see what it can do for you!
- Non-connected handwriting:
- SoftWriting can recognize almost every handwriting, as long as the characters are not connected to each other. Every person's handwriting is unique. SoftWriting requires only brief learning to learn and remember a new user's handwriting. In addition, SoftWriting goes the additional step, learning each user's vocabulary as well, ensuring optimal recognition by all means.
- Printed text:
- SoftWriting process all your printed pages using several voting, high quality OCR engines.
- Use abbreviations:
- SoftWriting enables users to 'teach' the system abbreviations, which are automatically translated by the system. Thus for example, defining 'ex' as 'example' enables the user to write using shorthand writing, with the confidence that the system will recognize the abbreviation and translate it correctly.
- Add diagrams:
- Occasionally, handwritten documents also include sketches and diagrams. By 'coloring' the area of the diagram, the user enables SoftWriting to easily insert the diagrams into the correct area in the computer document.
- Save in text & MS Word format:
- The final document can be saved as a text document, or in MS Word file format.
- Use most scanners, tablets and digital pens:
- In order to scan the handwritten document, any scanner can be used, as long as the scanner is TWAIN-compatible, and that it can create gray or color images.
- SoftWriting supports INK file format which is the output of InkLink and SmartPad from Seiko Instruments. Also, SoftWriting supports input from tablets and digital pens that support Wintab protocol for Windows.
- Easy editing:
- The portions of text that have not been recognized appear in the same page as the translated document. The user can then easily compare the original to the results, and correct any errors or unrecognized characters on the fly.
- Easy to learn & user friendly:
- The system is easy to learn and simple to use. A four-minute demo is all that is required to get you going.
- Shortly after having scanned your handwritten notes, SoftWriting displays the translated text for your approval and editing.
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!