SteamTab, designed as an add-in package to popular spreadsheet applications, allows users the convenient access, without leaving the spreadsheet computation environment, to a variety of steam property values. SteamTab contains a comprehensive set of water and steam properties applicable over a wide range of conditions (temperature: 190-5,000 K; pressure: 0 to 100,000 bar), with selected derivative and dimensionless properties.
Using SteamTab in a spreadsheet allows you to examine a large number of design scenarios for optimization and visualize the results in great looking tables and charts. SteamTab could also be used to generate Mollier charts and steam tables in your own choices of units, graduations, or language. Give SteamTab a try to fully assess its capabilities!
Here are some key features of "SteamTab":
· Easy access to the most comprehensive set of thermodynamic and transport steam properties from the spreadsheet’s Tools menu or the SteamTab toolbar
· Direct "live" links to variable steam conditions by cell reference
· Built-in SteamTab worksheet functions, user-interface dialog-boxes and toolbars
· Choice of Metric/SI or English units
· Direct calculation of steam outlet conditions for isentropic, isenthalpic, constant internal energy or constant volume process
· SteamTab Functions for saturated vapor-liquid, superheated, subcooled, and constant steam properties
· Generate your own steam property diagrams using the spreadsheet’s charting capability
· Save steam property values for export to other applications – limited only by the spreadsheet’s file transfer capability
· Templates and examples for Expander, Compressor, Pressure reducing, Relative humidity, etc.
· MS Excel
· The SteamTab demo is limited in temperature and pressure. The temperature and pressure limitations of this demonstration package are:
· 150 <= Temperature <= 200 ºC, and
· 5 bar <= Pressure <= 10 bar
· If you specify a temperature or pressure range that is outside the demo range, SteamTab will return the #VALUE! error in Excel versions or the ERR error in Lotus versions. Also, the SteamTab demonstration package contains only the compressor template that illustrates a steam compressor design.