PassKey might be described as a 'text processor', 'keyboard macro', 'password keeper', 'text database' , it has all of those features.
PassKey is meant to help you save time you would otherwise spend typing the same text strings over and over again.
Here are some key features of "PassKey (formerly Text Me!)":
· Instantly 'type' contents of a text record or text file into the target window by only pressing a 'Hot Key'.
· Stores unlimited text records in a database which can be organized into categories designed by the user.
· Each text record in the database can be assigned a unique 'Hot Key' which when pressed on the keyboard will cause the associated text to be immediately inserted into the current window as the position you are typing at.
· Can store any number of passwords in the database which cannot be viewed from within Passkey for some measure of security. Passwords can also be assigned a 'Hot Key' so they can be easily inserted into password dialogs by pressing the associated 'Hot Key'.
· Provides for easily searching the entire text database for records matching the search terms entered and then automatically 'type' or insert the text into the current working window.
· Text records in the PassKey database can contain PRAGMAS which are predefined special words. For example, you text record may contain the pragma #DATE# which when encountered by PassKey in the text record, will cause the current system date to be 'typed'.
· 512 MB RAM minimum, 1 GB or more recommended
· 30 days trial period
· Nag screen