eDocuments Scan description
Sophisticated program for document scanning
eDocuments Scan is a professional and useful application designed to scan documents and export them to PDF files.
It is compatible with TWAIN and WIA compliant scanners including Flatbed, ADF and duplex scanners.
The program has advanced features for batch scanning. Finished documents can be saved as a single or multi-page TIFF or PDF file or in many other common graphic formats, including JPEG, GIF, PNG, and BMP.
Here are some key features of "eDocuments Scan":
· Efficient document scanning
· Sophisticated user interface
· Parallel processing with high throughput
· Almost all scanners or MFD (Multi Function Device) in use today
· Flatbad scanners
· Middle-rande and High-End scanners with feeder, duplex scanners
· Twain 1.9
· WIA drivers - V1 (Windows XP) and V2 (Windows Vista/7)
· Scan more documents at one time
· Separation sheets - automatic detection of the new document
· Blank page detection – blank pages are detected and removed from further processnig
· Smast Quality Control - the application automatically selects the most suitable compression and other settings for the scanned document, however the image is still available in other compression levels and user can select another one.
· Adaptive threshold – a technique to preserve the readability of the text when converting the image to the black-and-white format.
· Deskew - detection of the inclination of the scanned image and its automatic correction.
· Post-scanning operations - e.g. the rotation function can be applied to every scanned image.
· User modules – custom modules can be add, e.g. to remove specific background.
· Support of many common file formats (JPEG, PNG, TIFF, GIF, BMP, etc.)
· Industry standard TIFF compressions: CCITT T.6 (Group 4), CCITT T.3, LZW, JPEG
· Save documents to PDF
· Barcode recognition - 1d (EAN 13, Code 128, Code 39, etc.), 2d (PDF417, Data Matrix, QR Code, etc.). The extracted data can be sent to further processing or used for file naming or for document separation.
Exports and File Structure:
· Definition of file and directory naming scheme
· Automatic file indexing
· Possibility to call an external application to process the scanned data
· Save documents to directory
· Send by email
· Send documents to Web Sevice
· Integration with other applications
· COM API with examples is part of the SDK
· Prepared interfaces for Web Services (Java, .Net)
· 10 days trial
· After the trial period, a watermark will be placed on the scanned documents
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· PDF/A Support