Softpedia Editor's Review for 7-PDF Maker
A very good and easy to use PDF Creator
Written by Elena Opris on June 9th, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for 7-PDF Maker
7-PDF Maker is a simple-to-use application that helps you convert documents (e.g. ODT, TXT, RTF, DOC) to the PDF format.
The interface of the program is plain and easy to navigate through. You can import a document into the list by using the file browser only, since the "drag and drop" method is not supported. Batch processing is also not possible.
After you give a name and location to the new PDF files, you can proceed with the conversion process.
Moreover, you can set a page range, export notes and bookmarks, as well as modify image properties (e.g. lossless compression, reduce resolution).
Furthermore, you can protect the PDF document with a password, enable 7-PDF Maker to prompt for the output destination or to overwrite existing files, use a PDF viewer, check out a log file, and more. Settings can be restored to their default values.
The lightweight tool runs on a low-to-moderate amount of system resources, quickly finishes a task and manages to keep a very good quality regarding the text layout, tables and pictures. No errors have occurred during our tests and 7-PDF Maker did not freeze or crash.
Putting aside the fact that you don't have a help file at your disposal and that batch processing is not supported, we strongly recommend 7-PDF Maker to all users, whether we're talking about beginners or experienced ones.
7-PDF Maker description
Here are some key features of "7-PDF Maker":
· Generated PDF and PDF / A-1 from over 80 file formats and image
· Creates PDF hyperlinks from MS Word referrals (email, web link, etc.)
· Generation of tagged PDF files (indexed PDF files)
· Automatically creates a PDF table of contents from paragraph styles
· Converts directly / natively include the following formats to PDF at: DOC -> PDF, DOCX -> PDF, PPT -> PDF, PPT -> PDF, XLS -> PDF, XLSX -> PDF, ODT -> PDF, ODS -> PDF, ODP -> PDF, RTF -> PDF HTML -> PDF, TXT -> PDF, JPG -> PDF, GIF -> PDF, PNG -> PDF, TIFF -> PDF, EPS -> PDF, PSD -> PDF, BMP -> PDF, WMF -> PDF
· 7 PDF Maker is not a PDF printer and requires no Ghostscript!
· Built-in converter module based on Openoffice.org
· Other third-and original applications are no longer needed
· PDF with 128-bit password encryption and rights protection
· Windows Explorer shell integration
· Command line version / PDF Batch Converter 7p.exe
· Sumatra PDF Viewer as an optional integrated PDF viewer
· Supports English and German
· Manual in German and English
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· ADDED: Increased export-speed for nativ pdf creations.
· ADDED: 7-PDF Maker comes now with the actual Version 2.2.1 of SumatraPDF Viewer, see Sumatra's VersionLog for details.
· ADDED: New OpenCandy SDK 188.8.131.52 is now included inside the installer
· FIX: Some misspellings inside the program.
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to download or install software or components that the program does not require to fully function