Softpedia Editor's Review for ABBYY PDF Transformer
Easily convert or create PDF files
Written by Sorin Cirneala on December 28th, 2011
ABBYY PDF Transformer is a powerful tool that enables you to author and to convert PDF files into multiple editable formats. The program is packed with a lot of features that anyone that works with PDF files can find useful.
The most basic action that the program can perform is to create a PDF file from a text document. The program can load TXT, RTF or HTML files and transform them in a PDF file in a couple of clicks. But we have to mention that the HTML files will include the images and styes of the original page, not just the text.
You can quickly add a stamp to your document by configuring a stamp profile and selecting before creating a document. The stamp can include a custom text and variable fields such as the page number, the date or the time. This stamp is added on each page in a custom location in order to personalize the document.
Another authoring function allows you to merge different types of documents into a single PDF file. The user can add multiple files, change the file order, choose the output settings and create a document with one click. The source documents can be of different types.
This application is not limited to creating PDF files but can also convert them into text files, Word documents or Excel tables. The use of this function is limitless as the Internet contains a large number of PDF file that contain information in a non editable format. If you need to use the content of these files you can try this program.
You can use the program to convert a PDF file into a searchable document. Basically, if you have a PDF document that does not allow you to search for a certain text because it was saved as an image this program can enable the search function.
When creating a PDF file the program can compress the content if you want to publish it on the Internet and protect the file by restricting the access with a password. You can also restrict the use of the content by restricting the print, edit or extract options in the PDF viewer.
Whether you create contracts and documentation files or simply use PDF files to publish documents of the Internet, this program is a complete tool that can help you do a better job.
ABBYY PDF Transformer description
Here are some key features of "ABBYY PDF Transformer":
· Intelligent PDF Conversion Technology
· Accurate Re-creation of Document Layout and Formatting
· One-Click PDF Conversion from Windows Explorer
· Conversion of PDF documents to Editable Formats
· Manual Area Selection Tools for Advanced Users
· Flexible Layout Retention Options
· Conversion of Selected Areas and Pages
· Print-to-PDF Function from Any Application
· Retention of Links, Hyperlinks and Metadata
· Conversion of Scanned PDFs to Searchable PDF files
· Appending New Files to Existing PDF
· Intel Core2/Pentium/Celeron/Xeon, AMD K6/Turion/Athlon/Duron/Sempron or compatible processor (1 GHz or higher)
· Memory: 512 MB RAM
· Hard disk space: 500 MB for typical program installation and 512 MB for program operation
· Keyboard, mouse or other pointing device
· 15 days trial
· Watermark on output PDF files
· Converts no more than 50 documents
· Exports no more than 2 pages at a time
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Intelligent Re-creation of Document Formatting across Multiple Pages:
· PDF Transformer 3.0 supports ABBYY’s innovative Adaptive Document Recognition Technology (ADRT) which intelligently re-creates logical structure of documents across multiple pages and outputs PDF files in native Microsoft® Word or Excel formatting. With ADRT, the application accurately reproduces headers, footers, page numbering, footnotes, fonts, font styles, long tables, and captions to images across all pages of a document. Should any changes be applied to number of pages, footnotes or captions, they will be reflected at once within the entire multipage document.
184 Recognition Languages with Automatic Language Detection:
· New version of ABBYY PDF Transformer delivers the widest language support — it can process documents in 184 languages including a variety of languages with Latin and Cyrillic alphabets, as well as Greek, Armenian, Hebrew, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, and multilingual documents. For more convenien...