Softpedia Editor's Review for Foxit Advanced PDF Editor
Easy to use tool for PDF editing
Written by Elena Opris on January 11th, 2013
Foxit PDF Editor is a tool that lets you edit PDF documents without requiring additional components installed.
Opening a PDF file in the familiar interface can be done by using the file explorer, or via the drag and drop method. In order to edit text, you must select individual pieces. So, it is not possible to edit the entire content of a page without working on each piece of text.
You can view and edit properties for each selected text, such as value, text mode (fill text, stroke text, fill then stroke text, invisible text), character and word spacing, font style and size, horizontal scale, position, rotation, shear, scale, fill and stroke color, clipping.
The text can be easily modified (content only) by double-clicking it. Furthermore, you can add new text, graphics (e.g. line, rectangle, polyline, curve), images (from file, or create a new one), align objects, change page layout, merge and split text, and more.
Image editing options include using a magic wand, eyedropper, dodge and burn, spot healing brush, clone stamp, and others, but you can also apply filters, such as dodge, vivify, softness, sharpen, binarize, convex etc. Additionally, you can import and export PDF files (yes, Foxit PDF Editor is also a PDF joiner and splitter).
Foxit PDF Editor is a great tool to modify the contents of a PDF document, but only experienced users would probably appreciate it. The tool's user guide is not available, and we're afraid beginners would get bored pretty quickly trying to figure out how to use it.
There are some minor inconveniences to be found here. For example, if you want to change the color of the text from text properties, you cannot choose one from a palette - you can only input its RGB values (which is clearly a task for power users).
All in all, Foxit PDF Editor is a great tool for editing PDF files, but it could definitely use some improvements.
Foxit Advanced PDF Editor description
Here are some key features of "Foxit Advanced PDF Editor":
· Quickly edits PDF document content directly in a PDF file with powerful paragraph editing.
· Link multiple text boxes together to reflow text across multiple text boxes.
· Keep track of changes by inputting new text in a different color.
· Edits the contents of your PDF document.
· Join multiple PDFs into a single document.
· Manipulate layers - show/hide/rename to make editing easier.
· Grids, Guides and margins - to make editing layout simpler.
· Drag and drop hundreds of photos to produce a PDF album.
· Create article threads and export their contents to HTML, ePub, RTF etc.
· Remap fonts to fix PDFs that could not otherwise be edited or exported.
· Renumber pages automatically.
· Clone objects across pages.
· Built-in spell checker enables you to find errors quickly.
· Quickly re-size page margins.
· Permanently remove (redact) visible text and images from PDF documents to protect confidential information such as social security numbers.
· Easily shares content with other applications, preserving bookmarks and hyperlinks.
· Search across multiple PDFs or entire directories full of PDFs. It will work through all documents, leaving original documents intact and keeping track of any errors or problems during processing.
· Search and replace in text, bookmarks, annotations, and hypertext links.
· Adds your comments or suggestions including notes.
· Highlights, underlines, or uses one of many other tools to indicate selected text.
· Enables users to find information fast with intelligent, automatic bookmark creation.
· Inserts page numbers or dates as Headers and Footers directly without requiring other applications; helping you to add more information into the PDF files and navigating them with ease.
· 512MB RAM (1GB for Windows Vista/7)
· 1GHz x86 CPU
· 60MB free disk space
· Adds watermarks to edited pages
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed a crash issue which occurs when closing any palette of the five image toolbars within the Image Editor window, or closing the "Select Shading Style" box in the Shading Editor window.
· Fixed a crash which might occur while dragging Property List.
· Fixed a crash issue when ESC/Enter or close the tool box is selected after dragging it out from toolbar.
· Fixed a possible crash issue while performing a text using Search Toolbar.
· Fixed the inability to select or edit certain fonts. •Fixed a display problem while dragging Foxit PDF Editor between multiple monitors.
· Fixed a document save issue to edited document originally created by FreePDF XP.
· Fixed an issue where some pages exported from certain PDF files have ovrlarge sizes.
· Eliminated erroneous messages when exporting certain PDF files.
· Fixed a refresh issue while zooming out on some certain PDF files.
· Fixed a preview display problem when exporting pages from some certain PDF files.
· Fixed a problem with cursor display ...
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Foxit Advanced PDF Editor 126.96.36.199 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |