Softpedia Editor's Review for Foxit PhantomPDF Standard
Business Ready PDF - Ideal for any size business
Written by Mihaela Citea on February 11th, 2013
Since Windows does not provide native support for the PDF format, a dedicated application is required to access the content of this file type, such as Foxit PhantomPDF Standard. Especially designed to ease your work, it comes with a collection of tools for managing, creating and securing PDF documents.
Providing an intuitive and clean interface, the application enables you to open PDFs instantly and provides you with advanced editing options. You can modify every aspect of the PDF file, including its content (extract, remove, duplicate, crop, rotate or add pages from file or scanned documents, insert images and multimedia files, add notes and attach files on pages), background or the header and footer sections.
The application comes with annotation and highlight capabilities, form design tools (including XFA form filling) and optimization features to reduce file size. The bookmark manager, together with the comprehensive search function enables you to locate any element within the PDF file in a matter of seconds.
Foxit PhantomPDF Standard can be used for creating PDF documents directly from Office applications (Word, PowerPoint and Excel). Also, it can convert PDFs to various formats, such as DOC, text and images (JPEG, PNG, TIFF, BMP formats are supported) to help you easily share content with other software.
One of the advantages of the application is related to its powerful document security tools. Password protection, certificate encryption, security policies management and digital signature validation are designed to prevent unwanted access to your important information.
PDF comparison, OCR support, DocuSign and SharePoint integration, PDF/A compliance are other features that this application comes with.
All things considered, Foxit PhantomPDF Standard is a complete PDF management tool that includes advanced security tools, one-click PDF creation and editing capabilities.
Foxit PhantomPDF Standard description
Here are some key features of "Foxit PhantomPDF Standard":
· XFA Form Filling - XFA (XML Form Architecture) form allows you to leverage existing XFA forms.
· High Performance - Up to 3 times faster PDF creation from over 200 of the most common office file types and convert multiple files to PDF in a single operation.
· One Click PDF Creation - Creates PDF document with a single mouse click from Microsoft Office applications like Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
· Direct Editing – Modifies existing PDF document content. Enables you to delete pages, add pages, and assemble a new PDF document.
· Convert PDF to DOC, text, and image formats - easily shares content with other applications like Microsoft Word.
· Robust Document Security - Using password protection, certificate encryption, and digital signature tools.
· Form Design - Easy to use electronic forms design tools to make your office forms work harder. Enables you to create or convert static PDF files into professional looking forms. Form data import tools allow data to be automatically imported into a form, reducing manual key entering and input errors.
· Optical Character Recognition - OCR support to convert scanned or image-based content into selectable and searchable text.
· Export PDF to Image - Including JPEG, JPEG2000, PNG, TIFF, and BMP.
· Create industry-standard compliant PDFs from any printable file, PDF/A supported - Since Foxit products are ISO 32000-1 / PDF 1.7 standard compliant, they are compatible with other PDF products like those from Adobe.
· PDF Optimizer - Optimizes PDF document to reduce the file size.
· Batch Create PDF Documents - Creates PDF documents from multiple files, you can even create from scanner.
· Security - Validation of digital signatures and encryption with passwords.
· Convenient Annotation - Inserts comments, highlights, stamps, and more into existing PDF documents.
· Set Document Information - Helps to archive and search PDFs with ease.
· Email and Phone Support - Helps when you need it.
· 1.3 GHz or faster processor
· 512 MB RAM (Recommended: 1GB RAM or greater)
· 600 MB of available hard drive space.
· 800x600 screen resolution
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed a security issue where attackers can exploit a web browser plugin vulnerability to execute arbitrary code.
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Foxit PhantomPDF Standard 5.5.6.0218 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |