Softpedia Editor's Review for GIRDAC PDF to Word Converter Pro
Quickly and easily convert PDF documents to Word format
Written by Elena Opris on March 7th, 2012
PDF to Word Converter Pro is an application which allows you to easily convert PDF documents to the RTF and TXT format.
The tool is equipped with a user-friendly interface in which you can import documents by using the file browser (the "drag and drop" method is not supported but batch processing is).
So, you can select the output directory and format, and initiate the conversion process.
In addition, you can select the layout between flowing, continuous, formatted text, plain text, images and OCR.
Furthermore, you can specify the page range, enable character spacing and set PDF to Word Converter Pro to retain hyperlinks, include subfolders and to open the document after conversion, for editing.
The software uses low-to-moderate system resources and quickly completes a task without freezing, crashing or popping up errors. Overall, it manages to keep a good text format in the RTF documents.
However, we have noticed some minor problems with PDF to Word Converter Pro. In case of batch conversion, the only way to get the program to perform a task is by specifying a folder that doesn't exist. Then you have to manually create it (with the same name, obviously) before pressing the "Convert" button. Also, you cannot view a list of the source files.
Since the title of the program says "PDF to Word", we would had expected to be able to convert PDFs to other formats besides RTF and TXT (e.g. DOC, DOCX). But, even so, we strongly recommend PDF to Word Converter Pro to all users.
GIRDAC PDF to Word Converter Pro description
Here are some key features of "GIRDAC PDF to Word Converter Pro":
· Converts all versions of PDF documents.
· Converts standardized PDFs in many languages. See sample conversions.
· Converts one or more PDF documents at a time.
· Converts PDF documents in a folder by creating / using same folder structure.
· Extracts images from PDF documents.
· Makes converted document easily editable.
· Makes converted document's formatted text useful for copying and pasting in other documents.
· Retains PDF document hyperlinks beginning with http://, https://, ftp:// and ftps:// (e.g., http://www.girdac.com) in the converted DOC or RTF document. Other hyperlinks are omitted.
· Maintains PDF document superscript and subscript text in the converted document.
· Keeps PDF document tabular data in the converted document.
· Replicates PDF document underlined text in the converted document.
· Converts password protected PDF document by prompting for the password.
· Converts PDF to Word .DOC, .DOCX, .RTF, and .TXT file formats.
· Shows Conversion Report after converting PDF document.
· Converts PDF documents to .RTF and .TXT formats without Microsoft Word and Adobe Reader installed.
· Converts PDF documents to .DOC format, if Microsoft Word 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007 or 2010 is installed.
· Converts PDF documents to .DOCX format, if Microsoft Word 2007 or 2010 is installed.
· Converts PDF to .XML, if Microsoft Word 2003, 2007 or 2010 is installed.
· Allows multiple users to use PDF to Word Converter Pro on the same system.
· Supports partial PDF conversion with selected page range.
· Opens converted document for editing.
· Has an easy to use single screen conversion interface, no wizards, no multiple screens.
· Personal computer with Intel Pentium 133-MHz or faster processor.
· 64 MB RAM (Preferably 128 MB RAM or higher).
· 15 MB free hard-disk space.
· Super VGA (800 × 600) or higher-resolution monitor.
· Using the unregistered version, you can only convert the first 3 pages of the document.
· You can not load an entire folder to convert.
· You can only convert to RTF format.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New interface language is added