Softpedia Editor's Review for Nitro PDF Professional
Create, edit, and convert PDF files with the Acrobat alternative
Written by Bogdan Popa on December 4th, 2012
Nitro PDF Professional is one of the most advanced PDF creating and editing software solutions, providing basically all the tools you would ever need to help you in this regard.
Although it's called 'Professional', the application has been developed to be aimed at beginners and professional users alike, so you won't find it too difficult to use.
The interface is more than pleasant and reminds us of the popular Microsoft Office suite, adopting the same Ribbon GUI interface we've seen in the office suite developed by Microsoft.
To make sure that users will fully benefit from its very advanced features, developers have designed a help screen that pops out every time you open the interface, giving you the option to find more info on its tools with a single click.
With Nitro PDF Professional you can thus create new PDF files from any document format out there, add comments to PDFs, export text or the entire document, including photos, to another document format, insert images, links and pages into PDF files, secure files and add signatures, design forms and print them.
As said, it is very easy to use Nitro PDF Professional and the ace up its sleeve is definitely the Ribbon GUI we were talking about. Everything seems to be in the right place and although we admit that we're more or less used to Microsoft Office, it's very easy to find a given tool inside the app.
You don't need a super computer to run Nitro PDF Professional, but you may notice some minor slowdowns when running it on older machines.
All in all, this software is actually one of the best PDF tools on the market. It has a solid feature pack and is very easy to use so anyone can give it a try.
Nitro PDF Professional description
Here are some key features of "Nitro PDF Professional":
· Create PDF and PDF/A documents from virtually any Windows file.
· Convert and merge files into a single PDF document.
· Convert entire collections of files to PDF in one batch.
· Scan paper documents to PDF.
· One-button PDF creation from Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
· Create 'intelligent' PDF documents with bookmarks, links, metadata, and security from Microsoft Office programs.
Copying & Exporting PDF:
· Export PDF for reuse in Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, OpenOffice and more.
· Use different conversion modes to export files that look precisely like the original PDF and others that are easier to edit and repurpose.
· Extract all text and images from PDF documents.
· Batch convert PDF files to Word, RTF, and text formats.
· Copy text while retaining formatting, including font, color, and size.
· Insert and edit text, including font, size, color and more.
· Edit images — insert, resize, rotate, crop, flip, replace, arrange, delete, and extract.
· Edit image properties — brightness, contrast, color space, and resolution.
· Edit pages — insert, delete, rotate, crop, extract, and replace.
· Split pages of PDF documents based on page groups, page ranges, and bookmark structure.
· Add headers, footers, watermarks, and text to all pages in a document.
· Add Bates numbering across a collection of PDF documents.
· Add and edit bookmarks and links.
· Auto-create bookmarks based on document text formatting and headings.
· Auto-create links based on keywords and page numbers.
· Optimize, shrink and repair PDF documents.
· Edit document properties including metadata and initial view settings.
Optical Character Recognition (OCR):
· Create PDF files from scanned paper documents, or existing image-based PDF files, perfect for publishing, editing, or archiving.
· Create fully compliant PDF/A documents.
· Create editable PDF files and customize documents using the Editable Text feature.
· Create easily searchable, PDF/A compliant documents for archiving with 'Searchable Image' mode.
· Flexible multi-language support.
Reviewing & Marking Up PDF:
· Highlight text content with the Highlight, Underline, Cross Out and Replace Text tools.
· Add Sticky Notes, Text Boxes, and Call Out annotations.
· Add freehand drawings with the Pencil tool.
· Add drawing shapes, including lines, arrows, rectangles, ovals, polygons and clouds.
· Apply stamps to pages, choosing from standard built-in stamps or your own custom creations.
· Attach documents and other files to your PDF pages.
· Add explanatory text and other feedback to your markups.
· Sort and manage comments.
· Filter comments based on type, author, status, subject, and more.
· Summarize comments for easy viewing alongside page content. View the summary as a PDF or print it for paper-based reviewing.
· Secure documents with passwords and certificates.
· Encrypt with 40-bit, 128-bit, and 256-bit level security.
· Apply restrictions on printing, copying, and altering PDF documents.
· Create and apply re-usable security profiles.
· Digitally sign and certify PDF files.
· Fill in, save, print and submit forms.
· Design forms.
· Easy site-wide rollout and management with enterprise deployment tools.
· Integrate with most popular document management systems.
Support and Usability:
· Getting Started window for new or inexperienced users.
· User-friendly Microsoft Office 2007-style interface.
· In-depth help documentation.
· Industry leading customer support services.
· Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor
· RAM: 512 MB system memory (1 GB recommended)
· Display: 1024x768 screen resolution
· Installer size: 43 MB
· Installation footprint: 163 MB
· Available space: Up to 520 MB of available hard drive space
· Installation Footprint: 200 MB
· Microsoft Office 2003 or newer (required for Microsoft Office integrated features)
· Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 (or above)
· 14-day trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Paragraph Text Editing. Edit text right in the copy of the paragraph, without converting to Microsoft® Word® or a text editor — just like you would in a word processing application. Edit words and lines of text within paragraphs, reformat, realign, reflow, and adjust text attributes without leaving your PDF document.
· Signature Profiles. Create profiles for rapid application of your digital signature. This is a huge timesaver when having to sign the same PDF multiple times.
· Stamp Signature. Digitally apply or “stamp” your signature to a page so it looks as natural as pen and paper. It’s as simple as the click of a button.
· Integrated, High-Performance Renderer. An enhanced renderer delivers greater performance and increased quality. Enjoy crisper text, more accurate and faster rendering of vector art and CAD drawings, more responsive editing, zooming, scrolling, and more.
· Redaction. Now you can search for, identify, and permanently remove sensitive or private text and images from docum...
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Nitro PDF Professional 18.104.22.168 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |