Softpedia Editor's Review for PDF Converter Professional
This application helps you instantly Convert PDF files into Microsoft Word documents!
Written by Olivian Puha on November 1st, 2011
Portable Document Format files, better known as PDF, are very common today and more and more widespread thanks to their ability to carry more information than simple text. However, if reading them is easy, making one from scratch is a different story.
Professional-grade tools don't come for free and Nuance's PDF Converter Pro is no exception. However, there is an evaluation version available and it will allow you to try all the features and decide if it's worth the buy.
The installation may take some time because the package is pretty large and there are some options you may want to modify during setup, like file associations or default integration in various environments. After the application starts up, things will become more clear, thanks to the intuitive and user friendly interface.
All the functions are easily accessible from the toolbars and menus so most users can work with it in the shortest time possible. The learning curve is quite short and in case something is difficult to understand, you can rely on the accompanying documentation to clear matters up.
PDF Converter Professional helps you read Portable Document Format files, but it comes with loads of features for editing existing documents, creating new ones and, as the name states, converting batches of PDFs. This software also is handy for combining and securing the files, appending annotations and revisions, as well as building PDF fillable forms.
An interesting and original feature is the one that enables you to actually listen to the contents of your PDFs. It makes use of the Nuance RealSpeak Text-to-Speech technology. Also, the integration with Microsoft Office programs is very helpful when it comes to creating a PDF directly from Excel or Outlook, for example.
The solid set of features PDF Converter Professional comes with recommends it as a strong competitor in the PDF converting, editing and creating game. You can give it a try to see for yourself if it fits your bill and is worth giving up some cash for keeping it in your utility belt.
PDF Converter Professional description
Here are some key features of "PDF Converter Professional":
· You can quickly create industry-standard PDF documents from versions 1.3 to 1.7 from PDF Converter Professional 7 and nearly any Microsoft Windows application using File > Print > ScanSoft PDF Create!, and using shortcut toolbars in applications where they are available (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint 2007) with transfer of comments, hyperlinks and more. PDF creation is also offered in Lotus Notes and Internet Explorer and (in the Enterprise version) in many Document Management Systems. XPS, PS and EPS files can be converted to PDF. When using the Create Assistant, profiles let you store and re-use creation settings efficiently; there are profiles for different print qualities, creating Searchable PDF and incorporating MRC compression.
· Now you can unlock the information trapped in PDF files (up to version 1.7) and XPS files. Convert these into a wide range of editable formats (including Office 2007), complete with text, columns, tables and graphics. This includes columns that flow, graphics with editable captions and more. Customized algorithms handle legal documents, forms and convert PDF tables to spreadsheets. PDF conversion can be started from MS Office applications, IBM Lotus Notes and Mozilla Firefox. Convert documents, pages and (in PDF Converter Professional) page areas.
Listen to PDF and Save to Audio Files:
· Now you can listen to your PDF using Nuance RealSpeak Text-to-Speech technology – on your Apple iPod or MP3 player, using Windows Media Player or right inside PDF Converter Professional. Ideal for everyone – especially those on the go and those with vision challenges.
· You can combine Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or other source files into a single PDF document; automatically create individual PDF documents from multiple files; and drag-and-drop pages from different sources to assemble a new document. You may then freely re-arrange pages; create bookmarks and/or hyperlinks; create table of contents; re-number pages; use the commands Rotate, Crop, Copy, Paste, Delete, Replace, and finally secure and publish the documents. Pages are represented by miniaturized pages, not thumbnails, so many operations remain available – such as selecting and copying objects or text blocks.
· Microsoft Internet Explorer
· 512MB of memory (RAM)
· 850MB of free hard disk space
· SVGA monitor with 256 colors
· Intel® Pentium® III , higher or equivalent processor
· Web access
· NET Framework
· 30 days trial
· Trial reminder nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· NEW - Superior Windows 7 Support - Jump Lists—new in Windows 7—take you right to documents or perform specific actions. To open a Jump List, just right-click a program icon on the Windows 7 taskbar. You'll also find them on the Start menu. Immediately jump to recent and favorite PDF documents, jump to tasks including Launch applications, Create PDF, Create PDF from Scanner, and Convert PDF.
· IMPROVED - Comprehensive Integration with Microsoft 2010 - All your favorite PDF creation and conversion productivity add-ins now support Microsoft Office 2010.
· NEW - Perform Smarter Searches - Use the intelligent “Looks Like” search capability to quickly find content - such as phone numbers, e-mail addresses, and Social Security numbers - via an alphanumeric pattern rather than exact text. Automatically highlight, cross-out, or underline search results for faster, easier PDF review and editing.
· IMPROVED - Open PDF Files Directly in your Favorite Web Browser - PDF files on the Web can be opene...
| ||Softpedia guarantees that PDF Converter Professional 7.0 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |