Softpedia Editor's Review for PDF-XChange Standard
Create your PDFs with just a few clicks.
Written by Elena Opris on July 25th, 2012
PDF-XChange Standard is an application that allows you to create PDF files from any printable document. It can be easily used by individuals of any experience level.
Once installed, you can run this software by opening its executable file or simply by accessing the printing function of any document that supports it. The interface of PDF-XChange Standard is based on a standard window in which you can easily locate features.
So, you can change the page size, resolution, scaling, orientation and layout type, as well as configure custom forms settings.
But you can also customize general settings when it comes to the page layout and mode, full screen mode, magnification and transition type.
Furthermore, you can make modifications regarding image compression, graphics (e.g. grayscale, index or monochrome images), fonts, watermarks, overlays, document passwords, links, bookmarks, and others. So, after you specify the output destination and filename, you can proceed with the conversion task.
The simplistic application requires a very low amount of system resources, has a good response time, quickly finishes a task and manages to preserve a very good quality regarding shapes, images and the text layout. No errors have occurred during our tests. Unfortunately, there is no help file available. Other than that, we strongly recommend PDF-XChange Standard to all users.
PDF-XChange Standard description
Here are some key features of "PDF-XChange Standard":
· New User Interface with Simple and Advanced modes
· Added - LZW/JBIG/JPEG200 Compression Support
· Email PDF on Completion (includes MAPI and SMTP support)
· Job Management - Batch to temp file(s) before conversion to PDF.
· Mount multiple source pages to a single PDF page (max 16 pages to 1 PDF page)
· Acrobat 8 Format Support (22.214.171.124,1.5 1.6 1.7 PDF Format Support)
· Set PDF File - page opening characteristics.
· Enhanced down sampling options for Internet PDF downloading.
· Multiple Bookmarks per page (max 256) Text or Images - from any software - not just MS Office
· User Profiles - Save User or Job settings and re-use for differing document types.
· Full Chinese, Japanese and Korean Font Support
· Multi Language support for User Interface.
· Full PDF Manual, ToolTips and Windows Help file.
· Terminal Server/Citrix Metaframe compatible
· Watermark on output
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Offers to download or install software or components (such as browser toolbars) that the program does not require to fully function