Softpedia Editor's Review for PDF-XChange Viewer
An easy to use, small, fast and feature rich pdf viewer
Written by Bogdan Popa on November 19th, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for PDF-XChange Viewer
A PDF viewer is a must have nowadays and many users are already using the popular software solution designed by Adobe which is still considered the number one tool in this particular category.
PDF-XChange Viewer claims it deserves a chance too and promises to offer users at least the same goodies as its more famous counterpart.
As far as we're concerned, PDF-XChange Viewer is quite an advanced application, relying on a very clean and pleasant interface that provides instant access to all the features.
The program comes with the now-popular tabbed look, which means you can safely open multiple PDF files in the same window, just like in the same way an Internet browser does with websites.
PDF-XChange Viewer remains light on computer resources and works very smoothly even when opening large PDF files. It provides the utilities you would expect from such a powerful PDF viewer, including zoom tools, comment and markup utilities, measuring goodies and link functions.
In addition, PDF-XChange Viewer boasts an advanced export to image feature which enables you to save any PDF file as a digital picture. The supported formats include BMP, PNG, JPEG, TGA, GIF and TIFF.
Last but not least, the application sports a huge settings menu, with options concerning basically every single component, such as performance, rendering, page display, file associations, forms, commenting, snapshots, identity, security and search providers.
As a conclusion, PDF-XChange Viewer is one of the best, if not the best, replacement for the famous application wearing Adobe's badge. It handles PDF files so good that you'll definitely be impressed once you give it a try.
PDF-XChange Viewer description
Here are some key features of "PDF-XChange Viewer":
· Tabbed Multiple Document Windows
· Add Comments and Annotations to any PDF file (subject to security settings) - unlilke the Adobe Viewer which requires the PDF creation tool to be 'certified' by Adobe !
· Markup pages with text and objects
· Type directly on any PDF page, not just Adobe enabled forms documents - in Typewriter mode.
· Export PDF pages or entire files to any one of the supported Image formats including BMP, JPEG, TIFF, PNG and many more ...
· Extract text from a PDF page/File
· Make your navigation of large or complex PDF files both simple and enjoyable swith the extended functionality of our 'Loupe' and the 'Pan' Window tools
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed issue with possible crash on some XFA files.
· Fixed issue when changing exclusive mode for tools via ActiveX.
Users are advised to pay attention while installing this ad-supported application:
· Includes third-party components not necessarily related to the program's functionality, but intended to generate income for the developer