Tell us about an update
| User Rating:
PDFNet SDK for C++ description
A high-quality, industry-strength PDF library
PDFNet SDK is a high-quality, industry-strength PDF library meeting requirements of the most demanding and diverse applications. Using PDFNet you can write stand-alone, cross-platform and reliable commercial applications that can read, write, and edit PDF documents.
PDFNet SDK is available for a wide range of platforms (e.g. Windows, Mac, Linux) and programming environments (C/C++, C#, VB, J#, and other .Net languages).
Here are some key features of "PDFNet SDK for C++":
- Read, Write and Edit PDF - All in One Package
- Read PDF in order to extract text, images, and graphics
- Export PDF with access to full PDF imaging model (e.g. embed fonts, ICC profiles and color spaces), encryption and optimization options
- Edit PDF documents (see below for a more complete list of editing capabilities)
- The combination of read/write/edit functionality means that the single library will be able to address any future PDF functionality your product may require:
- Editing Functionality
- Industry-strength PDF editing is much more than a simple read/write operation. PDFNet offers an extensive API that makes the editing process as transparent and efficient as possible
- Using PDFNet it is easy to edit document security settings, bookmarks, hyperlinks, and structure information. There are interfaces to add, remove or copy pages; edit page display list or edit individual graphical elements on the page
- Besides access to a high-level document, PDFNet offers an easy-to-use API for low-level (or Cos based) PDF editing. The high-level API does not restrict your application since users may replace or write completely new high-level functionality on top of the low-level interface
- PDFNet keeps track of modified objects and can save only the objects that were directly or indirectly modified. This feature can be used for fast document save or undo/redo mechanism:
- PDF Rasterization, Viewing, and Printing.
- Using PDFNet, client applications can take advantage of interactive PDF display, while server-based applications can generate images and thumbnails on the fly:
- PDFNet supports both standard 40 and 128 bit PDF security (and custom security mechanisms through extensions)
- Apply specific encryption scheme on new documents or edit permissions and security settings on already encrypted documents:
- PDFNet was designed from ground up with high throughput and concurrent applications in mind
- For speedy document reading PDFNet uses incremental object loading and caching mechanisms. Caching is used at different levels: from Cos based object caching to more sophisticated color-space, font and glyph caching
- The library supports incremental save for quick document persistence:
- Reliability & Robustness
- PDFNet SDK allows users to automatically conform to the highest PDF Language Standard through frequent upgrades and to consistently provide desired output types
- Predictable behavior and regular regression tests on thousands of documents set high standards for reliability and robustness
- Native code efficiency coupled with high security and reliability make PDFNet an ideal server component and an integral part of dynamic PDF websites and web-applications:
- Languages and Supported Platforms
- PDFNet SDK hides much of its complexity behind an elegant and easy-to-use interface that can be uniformly accessed from various languages
- Standard patterns such as iterators and visitors can be used to traverse and manipulate page sequences, display lists, etc
- PDFNet SDK is available as a C++ library. Currently supported platforms are Windows, Mac OS X and Linux. Because PDFNet is written in a portable subset of ANSI C++, the library porting is a painless process
- PDFNet SDK is also available as a .Net component. Using a .Net component the same API is available in C#, Java, Visual Basic (VB.NET), Managed C++ and any other .Net language
- Significant improvements to rendering performance for image heavy documents. The rendering pipeline now uses SIMD processing and multithreaded execution to speed up image loading and rendering.
- Includes source-code for annotations and other tools. The availability of source code (with WPF, iOS, Android, WinRT, WP8 SDK) allows for customizations and fine grained control to every aspect of user experience that was previously not possible. The code can also be used as a template to build new tools.
- Additional annotation tools in iOS, Android, WinRT.
- Support for multimedia/video annotations (i.e. RichMedia). For more information, please see our blog.
- A new sample annotation tool showing how to apply a digital signature to a signature field.
- PDF to HTML converter (pdftron.PDF.Convert.ToHtml()) can now produce lightweight HTML output that loads faster and allows for better text search/selection. The option can be enabled using 'SimplifyText' in HTMLOutputOptions. For more info, please 'PDF...