Softpedia Editor's Review for Some Text to PDF Converter
Easily convert text files to PDF format with no need of Adobe Reader
Written by Elena Opris on August 20th, 2012
As the name of this software implies, Some Text to PDF Converter allows you to transform TXT documents into PDF files. The tool can be easily used by beginners.
The interface of the program is plain and simple to work with. Plain text documents can be imported into the list by using the file browser only, because the "drag and drop" method is not supported. Batch processing is possible.
In the queue you can check out the name, size, date of creation, along with the owner and user password of the files. So, after you preview the TXT documents, you can initiate conversion.
On top of that, you can configure paper options (e.g. size, margin, font, encoding) and document display settings (open mode and results), edit metadata (e.g. creator, title, subject) and change PDF security preferences (e.g. read, print and copy permission). Settings can be restored to their default values at any time.
The PDF conversion program takes up a very small amount of system resources, quickly finishes a task and preserves a good quality when it comes to the text layout. No errors have occurred during our tests and Some Text to PDF Converter did not freeze or crash. On the other hand, the interface is outdated and you cannot specify the output destination (documents are automatically converted to the same location as the source files). We recommend Some Text to PDF Converter with reservations.
Some Text to PDF Converter description
Here are some key features of "Some Text to PDF Converter":
· Does not need Adobe software support.
· Accurately preserves Text, Tables, Graphics & Layout.
· Supports PDF1.5 protocol.
· Convert PDF file into one continuous html page.
· Supports drag and drop files and batch conversion.
· Conversion of vector graphics into image files.
· Support 4 types of image format.
· The quality of JPEG file can be customed.
· Convert outer fonts into text and embedded fonts into images.
· Automatically links page numbers to all generated pages.
· Allows replacement of fonts and characters in generated HTML.
· Support hyperlinks from PDF file to HTML file.
· Optimize and scale HTML code for different screen resolutions.
· Custom the result html page, such as keywords, title, background and so on.
· Support encrypted PDF file.
· Internet Explorer 4.1 or later
· 64 MB RAM or more
· 5 MB free disk space
· At least 800x600 screen solution