Softpedia Editor's Review for Sonic PDF Creator
Modify, secure, and create PDF documents from Word, Excel, PowerPoint & more
Written by Elena Opris on April 24th, 2013
Sonic PDF Creator is an application that enables you to create secured PDF documents in an easy manner.
The user interface of the program is clean and intuitive. You can open a PDF file by using the file browser or the "drag and drop" method.
Moreover, you can create a secured PDF file from several formats, including Microsoft Office and Open Office documents, as well as web pages, RTF and TXT extensions.
Thus, you can zoom in and out, go to a particular page, create bookmarks, copy text, use the "Undo" and "Redo" functions, insert pages (blank or from another PDF file), as well as rotate, resize, crop and overlap pages.
You can also add headers and footers, text stamps and image stamps. Plus, you can insert attachments, merge multiple PDF files, extract pages, create a booklet or handout, set a password and create a Power Point presentation.
Furthermore, you can change document properties by editing the title, author, subject and keywords, as well as view the application, PDF producer and version, date of creation and modification.
The program uses a moderate amount of system resources and contains a step-by-step tutorial with snapshots. If we had to mention one negative aspect about Sonic PDF Creator, it would be that the tool doesn't include a search function.
Otherwise, Sonic PDF Creator provides a simple and clean solution for creating and editing PDF files, and we strongly recommend it to all users.
Sonic PDF Creator description
Here are some key features of "Sonic PDF Creator":
· Create a blank one page PDF file and open it for editing with Sonic PDF Creator.
· Open an existing PDF file for editing.
· Open a PDF file from the file folder using the “open” or “open with” context menu.
· Dragging a PDF file and dropping it into the Sonic PDF Creator program window will open the file in Sonic PDF.
· Sonic PDF Creator supports opening and editing multiples PDF files at the same time.
· Edit and save PDF documents using Sonic PDF Creator.
· Create a new email using the active document as an attachment.
· Print your PDF document out on a printer before or after editing.
· Insert pages into the active PDF document.
· Delete selected pages from the active PDF document.
· For the selected PDF pages, rotate them 90, 180 or 270 degrees.
· Change the original paper size of the selected PDF pages in the active PDF document.
· Change the size of the PDF content in the active document.
· Crop pages by adjusting the margins of selected pages in the active PDF document.
· Add text or information, such as date, time, page numbers, bates number or the filename of the document, in the top or bottom margins of the active PDF document.
· Stamp text on the active PDF document.
· Stamp an image on the active PDF document.
· Overlap several PDF pages onto one PDF page.
· Create a new file or several new files using pages from the active PDF document.
· Merge multiple PDF files into a single PDF file.
· Attach a PDF file into the active document as an attachment.
· Add bookmarks to the PDF document.
· Re-arrange pages to make compact 2-up, double-sided booklets.
· Combine multiple PDF pages onto a single sheet.
· Set passwords on the active PDF document to protect the document from being opened or modified.
· Modify title, subject, author, and keywords for the active document.
· Enjoy one click PDF creation from your MS Office applications.
· Sonic PDF Creator has a unique user interface that lets you be sure what type of PDF documents you are creating, either regular or secure PDF.
· A variety of PDF compression options, including text and color images, to make your PDF documents extra compact for easy sharing.
· Add watermarks to your PDFs for branding purposes.
· Batch creation capabilities into PDF from a variety of formats, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, RTF, HTML and a variety of image formats.
· Split by page - split the output PDF file into some files, 1 page per file.
· Stitch two adjacent PDF pages into one page.
· Font/Color and Display options.
· PDF to Text extraction capabilities.
· Create PDF from over 300 Windows applications
· Processor: Pentium II 233 MHz processor (Pentium III recommended)
· Hard Drive Space: 25MB of available hard-disk space
· Memory: 64MB RAM (128MB Recommended)
· Monitor: UVGA 1280x960 screen resolution
· 30 days trial period
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New GUI – Complete new working environment.
· New sidebars give you better user experience while you create and edit PDF documents
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Sonic PDF Creator 3.0 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |