Softpedia Editor's Review for PDF Writer - bioPDF
Create PDF documents from virtually any Microsoft Windows application
Written by Elena Opris on January 11th, 2013
PDF Writer - bioPDF is a simple-to-use program that can create a PDF file from any printable application.
But it can also convert items to BMP, EPS, JPEG, PCX, PNG, PS and TIFF. It can be seamlessly handled, even by less experienced users.
In order to use this tool's features, you simply need to access the printing function from a document, image or any other app that has one.
Simply select 'PDF Writer - bioPDF' as your printer and apply settings. The interface of the tool is based on a standard window that resembles an 'Options' dialog.
So, all you have to do is specify the output format and directory, in order to proceed with the printing procedure. Plus, you can make the app open the output document or folder after creation, as well as append the file if the output item already exists.
PDF Writer - bioPDF comes with several customization features. So, you can edit document metadata and select the quality, initial zoom mode and compatibility level, as well as adjust image preferences (resolution, text and graphics alpha bits).
Furthermore, you can apply a text watermark to the PDF files and set options for the font style, color and size, outline width, layer, rotation, position and adjustment. Merging PDF files is possible, and you can also password-protect the document.
The straightforward app runs on a very low amount of CPU and system memory, has a good response time and quickly finishes a task. It delivers files with a good quality regarding graphics, images and the text layout. Thanks to the overall simplicity of the tool, PDF Writer - bioPDF can be easily figured out.
PDF Writer - bioPDF description
Here are some key features of "PDF Writer - bioPDF":
· Print to PDF from almost any Windows application.
· Supports 64-bit operatings systems.
· Direct output to the same file each time or prompt for destination.
· Control if the printer should ask if you want to see the resulting PDF document.
· Control settings and prompts programmatically.
· Setup can run unattended.
· Graphical user interface.
· Password protect PDF documents.
· 128/40 bit encryption.
· Quality settings (screen, printer, ebook, prepress).
· Set document properties.
· Watermark text, size, rotation, and transparency.
· Superimpose/background documents.
· Appending/prepending documents.
· User interface control.
· Command line interface to all settings.
· COM/ActiveX API interface for programmatic control.
· Microsoft.NET API and command line API.
· Support for Citrix MetaFrame
· Support for Windows Terminal Server
· Create BMP, EPS, PS, PNG, PCX, JPEG, and TIFF files as alternative to PDF documents.
· Create linearized PDF files for optimized web viewing.
· Initial zoom settings.
· Page thumbnails.
· Create one PDF for all pages or one file per page.
· Individual horizontal and vertical resolution for image creation.
· Configure text and graphics alpha bits to support smooth edges in images.