PolyEdit Lite description
A lightweight, fast, and easy-to-use word processor.
PolyEdit Lite is a free word processor that is designed to be lightweight, reliable, easy-to-use and extremely fast. It has all of the standard capabilities you expect from a word processor. In addition, this application also comes with several innovative options that will help you improve your work.
PolyEdit Lite lets you handle a wide variety of word processing tasks. It is a great replacement for both WordPad and Notepad. And in many cases the program can replace even the big-name word processors such as MS Word and WordPerfect.
NOTE: Free for personal uses only
Here are some key features of "PolyEdit Lite":
· Amazingly fast and compact word processor
· Unique tabbed multiple-document interface (PolyDocking™ 2.0)
· Extendable with plug-ins
· Enhanced cryptography features (Blowfish 448-bit and SHA-1 algorithms)
· Full OLE object support (pictures, media clips, graphs, equations, etc.)
· Advanced text formatting tools
· WYSIWYG editing
· Unlimited file size
· Support for tables and columns
· Insert pictures in various formats (gif, jpeg, png, etc.)
· Unicode support (UTF-8, UTF-16 little/big endian)
· Microsoft Word compatible
· Export to HTML and PDF
· Ultra-compact native ETF file format
· Opens numerous document formats (RTF, MS Word 95-2007, MS Excel 97-2003, Corel WordPerfect, Unicode, etc.)
· Support for various character sets (ANSI, OEM, etc.)
· Newline support: Windows (CR+LF), Unix (LF), Mac (CR)
· Support for document templates
· Multilingual spell checker (English, Spanish, French, German, etc.)
· Backup (several options available)
· Auto-recovery of modified files after system/application crash
· Configurable syntax highlighting (Pascal, HTML, C++, etc.)
· Very fast startup
· Easy installation/uninstallation
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· More keyboard shortcuts and other UI enhancements.