RegexSearch is a useful and simple Java application designed to search multiple files for specified texts or regular expressions.
All the files are shown in a scrollable window with the highlighted text. All the occurrences of the matched text can be replaced singularly or globally.
Here are some key features of "RegexSearch":
· It can search for literal text or regular expressions.
· Occurrences of the target expression within each file are displayed in a scrollable window, with the matched text highlighted.
· The results of a search (number of matches, number of replacements) are displayed for each file in which a match is found. The results can be copied to the system clipboard in a form that is suitable for use as a list file to limit the scope of a new search.
· Replacements can be previewed, then accepted or rejected.
· Java Runtime Environment
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· In the previous release, file types were listed in the wrong order in file-selection dialogs as a consequence of a change to the behavior of the dialogs in Java SE 7. This has been corrected.
· A new configuration property, general.selectTextOnFocusGained, controls whether the text of an editable field is automatically selected when the field gains focus.