Twistpad is an application built as a fully featured Text Editor.
Twistpad can be used as a simple notepad replacer, or an featured packed editor targeting web and software developers.
Features include Easy to design syntax highlighting, find and replace in files, outline blocks of text and many more features.
Twistpad supports a full range of syntax highlighting for the most popular formats out of the box (HTML, ASP, XML, C++, Pascal, etc) but it's strength relies on the easy to create new highlighting schemes.
Handling text is no problem in Twistpad, besides the usual clipboard operations, there is a wide range of formatting commands that will simplify your work whenever you need.
Other features include Unicode support, Spell Checking and Active Spell Checking, compare text files (even currently edited ones), Export to Rich Text Format and HTML, Find and Replace in Files, Project Management, Auto-Complete, Auto-Replace, Auto-Recover, Tools/Compiler support, configurable Toolbar/Editor Context Menu/Shortcuts/Colors, advanced text format (join lines remove empty lines, etc.), text sort and many more features.
· Twistpad Supports all modern versions of Microsoft Windows (2000, XP, 2003 Server, Vista)
· Pentium 2 with at least 64Mb Ram
· 5Mb disk space
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Undo and Redo now also update track changes markers. Additionally if the Undo goes all the way to unsaved state, the document modified flag is cleared
· New button style (please note all previous interface styles are optionally available)
· New command: "Search online" allowing searching online of the current word or selection. Can Configured per syntax and globally.
· External Tools can now be configured to be shown on specific document syntax
· Added command descriptions, when hovering menus or toolbars in the status bar (optional)
· All message boxes have been reviewed and optimized
· Added a "current character" value cell to the status bar displayed in hex or decimal
· Improved Smart Comments behavior
· Added a "Show all" link to the warning bar to see all modified files
· Added a new option to restore captured clipboard items on startup
· Improved editor ruler display
· Reorganized preferences dialog
· "Open With" command now uses the default Windows "Open With" dialog
· Added a "Copy File...