Softpedia Editor's Review for Movie Label
The easy way to organize your DVD and movie collection on your PC
Written by Elena Opris on April 6th, 2012
Movie Label is a software that you can use to manage your collection of movies.
The interface of the application is well-organized and simple to navigate through. Movie Label can be easily used by individuals of any experience level.
So, you can add movies or TVs show by typing the title or barcode, import them from your hard drive (e.g. AVI, WMV, MOV, MKV) and add items to a wishlist.
But you can also browse your movie collections, check out all items that you have loaned, as well as view statistics (e.g. per studio, language, genre) and print a report.
When you add a new entry, you can input the media title, edition location, date of purchase, region code, as well as movie title, tagline, IMDb rating, trailer, and many more.
Furthermore, you can create backups, use a search function, set Movie Label to randomly select a film, update the cover art, enable automatic updates for movie information, customize columns and the title size, and others.
Additionally, you can add new genres, countries, media types, audio formats, languages and certifications to the existing database, export cover arts, create a view, rename video files, re-number all media, and so on.
The program takes up a moderate-to-high amount of system resources and includes a comprehensive help file with snapshots for rookies. We haven't encountered any difficulties in our tests, since Movie Label did not freeze, crash or display errors. We highly recommend this application to all movie fans.
Movie Label description
Here are some key features of "Movie Label":
· Available in several different languages.
· Catalog your entire movie collection (DVD, Blu-ray, VHS, etc..) without any typing.
· Search and sort in several levels with different operators and conditions.
· Export your collection to a variety of formats including Excel, XML, text, etc.
· Watch trailers for the movies in your collection.
· Keep track of loans and wanted items.
· Quick and Easy Data Entry
· All information about your movies is downloaded from online databases (including cover art and URLs to trailers).
· One-Click Sort & Search
· Sorting your database is as easy as clicking a button. When you search, the results are displayed as you type. Advanced sort and search in several levels is also available.
· Loan Management
· Make sure you never lose a DVD again thanks to our easy-to-use loan management.
· Reports & Exports
· Printing and exporting your data is only a mouse-click away. The Professional Edition also enables you to create your own reports (or edit the existing ones).
· Reliability & Speed
· Movie Label is built on a solid client/server database which means your collection can grow to virtually any size.
· Manage Multiple Collections
· You can can create any number of databases and keep them separate.
· Pentium 3 processor or higher
· 128 MB of memory (256 MB recommended)
· 25 MB of available hard-disk space required
· Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device.
· 14 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added possibility to add movies by IMDB URL
· Various enhancements and fixes
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Movie Label 2013 8.0.8 Build 1715 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |