eKitaab is an eBook Catalog Manager software to manage large collections of ebooks.
eKitaab is not a ebook reader, but allows you to read books in their native readers on mobile devices or the desktop.
eKitaab displays a list of all books you have, with their titles, authors, description and a photo of the book covers.
It also shows if you have read that book before or not (for multiple users as well in case you have more book lovers in your house/group). eKitaab downloads all this information from the Internet, based on the ISBN of the book, or by searching by author or title.
eKitaab is designed to be extremely safe for the eBooks... the eBooks themselves are never changed. eKitaab stores basic information about the book by changing the filename to include the title, author and ISBN. The other information is downloaded from the Internet and not stored locally (but caching is implemented, to reduce repeated downloads).
Also when you "check out" a file from eKitaab, it gives you an option to rename the file in more user-readable format. This can be used for mass-export as well.
Here are some key features of "eKitaab eBook Manager":
- See your entire ebook collection - Title, Author, ISBN, Book Description, Book Covers, Ready By (Reading Lists / Status)
- All details including Title, Author, ISBN, Descriptions and Cover Details are automatically populated from searches from Amazon. You can also enter the Title, Author and ISBN manually if you know them.
- You can launch books from within eKitaab to read them in their default viewer.
- These formats are currently supported:
- TXT Text
- RTF Rich Text
- PDF Adobe Acrobat
- RGO Repligo
- PRC Mobipocket
- DOC Mobipocket or Word
- HTM/HTML HTML
- LIT Microsoft Reader
- Added support for CHM and DjVu formats