Softpedia Editor's Review for Money Manager
Easy-to-use personal finance software
Written by Bogdan Popa on February 9th, 2012
Read an in-depth analysis in our professional review for Money Manager
Money Manager is a finance software application designed for home users, allowing you to organize finances without any advanced knowledge.
The program provides quite an easy to navigate interface and this is a pretty good thing since it's supposed to be used by beginners.
Users are required to fill in multiple forms when creating new accounts, providing names, account numbers, current balance and account currency, thus helping the app keep track of your savings and accounts.
The main window shows a quick overview of your account, showing not only the balance, the income and the expense, but also bills and deposits, as well as a graph to see income versus expenses.
There are multiple built-in categories to organizes expenses and income, such as food, bills and leisure, but you can always add news ones or delete some of those included in the standard package.
Obviously, you have to register every single transaction, while at the end of the month you're allowed to generate reports and see where the money goes with just a few clicks.
Last but not least, you can export your data as CSV and HTML or create separate accounts for multiple users.
As said, you don't need any special financial knowledge to use Money Manager, and while everything's pretty straightforward, there's also a help file to provide assistance on the built-in features.
The program works pretty smooth and doesn't slow down the system, but it doesn't work on Windows 7 at all.
Overall, Money Manager is a good choice for all those who want to keep an eye on their income and expenses and it boasts a very user friendly interface to address all types of users.
Money Manager description
Here are some key features of "Money Manager":
· Create and Maintain any type of Bank accounts including checking, savings, credit card, loan accounts.
· Create, Edit and Delete financial Transactions which can belong to any category that you want.
· Reconcile, Unreconcile, Void transactions to tally them with bank statements you receive.
· Transfer amounts from one account to another
· Fixed Deposit Accounts. Reminders for due dates.
· Portfolio Accounts used to track individual stock/mutual fund investments.
· Buy/Sell/Update Prices of Stocks and Shares.
· Ability to specify categories for each transaction.
· Create Custom Categories.
· Payee List, Editing, Renaming etc
· Bills and Deposits to track recurring transactions
· Recurring Bills/Deposits can be setup for weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, half yearly, yearly repeating schedule.
· Create different data files for each user if required.
· Save your data files as password protected encrypted files. (Uses DESEncryption)
· Non encrypted data files are stored as XML files that allow you to view, manipulate the data directly using a text editor.
· All numbers are formatted using regional formatting rules.
· Export your data as CSV or HTML.
· .NET Framework
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixes known bugs in 22.214.171.124 including creation of portfolio accounts with foreign characters, currency formatting etc.
· Supports encryption of data files · saved as .emm file.
· CSV, HTML export of accounts and for specific date ranges. Can be used for printing as well importing to other programs.
· Supports currency formatting for different countries
· Enhanced color coded reminders of overdues in Bills and Deposit Reminders and Deposit Accts
· Additional features in the transaction details screens · Pressing 'Delete' key will now delete transactions, ability to mark transactions as Void, including 'Number' in transactions, other formatting