The most complete tax solution
TaxACT is a useful software that was designed in order to help you prepare, print & e-file simple and complex IRS tax returns easily and get your maximum tax refund.
Here are some key features of "TaxACT":
· FREE to Prepare, FREE to Print, FREE to E-file - for Everyone — No restrictions, rebates or gimmicks. TaxACT guarantees the biggest refund possible and 100% accuracy.
· All e-fileable forms for simple and complex returns — including Forms 1040, 1040A, and 1040EZ and Schedules C, D, E, and F — answer simple interview questions and TaxACT will complete the correct forms for you.
· Fastest refund possible — Get your Federal refund in as few as 8 days with free e-file and direct deposit.
· TaxACT Bookmarks — Navigate your return on your terms. With TaxACT Bookmarks, simply mark & return to any question at any time.
· Competitor Import — Import tax data from 2009 returns prepared by other software solutions.
· TaxACT TaxPayer Support — Never get stumped by a tax question again! Get unlimited and free tax help from tax specialists via e-mail.
· Answer Center — Stumped by a tax question, need help with TaxACT, or looking for a specific part of your return? TaxACT's Answer Center gives you personalized, free help – whenever you need it. Type in your question for the fastest answers or e-mail our tax specialists.
· Maximum Refund Pledge — Your biggest refund is guaranteed for accepted Federal e-filed returns.
· Stock Assistant — Enter stock data quickly and get a summary of your investment income.
· College Financial Aid Worksheet — All the tax information you need for the FAFSA in one printable document.
· Quick entry option — Enter data directly into forms or complete the step-by-step interview, including W-2 and 1099 data. New for 2010 - fast data entry of Asset Depreciation & Vehicle information for Form 4562.
· Audit Assistant — Guides you through the process if you happen to be audited by the IRS.
· TaxACT Examiner Series — Boost your tax savings with Credit, Deduction, and Income Examiners.
· TaxACT Alerts — Warns you of errors, omissions, and tax saving opportunities you may have missed.
· Loan & Savings Calculators — Estimate payments and future values based on amounts, interest rates and time period. View and print your payment/savings schedule.
· Multiple Federal Refund Options — Taxpayers who e-file with direct deposit can have their refund in as few as 8 days. You can also receive your refund on a TaxACT Endeavor Card Prepaid MasterCard (debit card).
· U.S. Savings Bonds — Use all or part of a refund to purchase U.S. Savings Bonds in increments of $50.
· Data Archive Service (DAS) — Getting a copy of your tax return from the IRS involves completing a form and paying nearly $60. TaxACT DAS gives you full unlimited online access to your tax return for up to 3 years after the tax filing deadline. Finish an existing return, print a backup copy, plan for next year's taxes and more. One-time maintenance fee based on product & purchase date.
· Tax Glossary prevents tax jargon from getting in your way. Get the definitions to for over 275 tax terms, linked directly from the TaxACT interview process right when you need them.
· No Software to Download — Get started on your free tax return right away—without the hassle of purchasing, downloading, or installing software.
· Complete your return at your own pace — Your return is automatically saved as you go, so you can stop at any time without losing your work. Just log back in when you're ready to continue.
· Get the maximum deductions legally possible — With TaxACT Online, you can rest assured you're benefiting from all the latest tax law changes and tax saving tips.
· In-depth Form Instructions — View guidance for every entry in the Tax Q&A.
· Handy "Tax Refund" or "Amount Owed" display — The refund or amount owed is constantly visible on-screen, updating automatically so you know your moment-to-moment tax situation.
· Topic Search Feature — Have a question about where to enter any of your tax information? Just enter the keywords in the Topic Search Box and you'll be given a list of relative tax topics to guide you to the appropriate interview question.
· Multiple occurrences of supporting forms — Enter as many supporting form as you need. If you changed jobs in the middle of the year and have two W-2 forms, TaxACT can handle it.