Softpedia Editor's Review for Avro Keyboard
A full Unicode supported Bangla typing software.
Written by Ciprian Paius on November 14th, 2011
Most PC keyboards available on the market are standard 101-key US traditional, or an improved alternative of this. Only few manufacturers provide custom defined keyboard layouts suitable for typing special characters, diacritics or unique signs.
The alternative is a virtual keyboard management program that permits you to adjust the standard keyboard and make it work as if it was designed to be used in your country. Such a tool is Avro Keyboard Bangla Software: it provides the means to customize your keyboard so you can easily type using any of the provided keyboard layouts used in India and Bangladesh.
Keyboard Bangla Software uses a custom toolbar to launch its tools. From here you can switch between English and Bangla input languages, access the layout viewer or the click'n type window, choose between the various Bangla layouts and access the rest of its perks.
The software features an English to Bangla phoenetic typing function that allows you to view in a floating preview window the English phonetic transcription of any Bangla word. Moreover, the comprehensive dictionary that comes with the package allows you to check your spelling and correct your writing so you don't miss any typos or mistakes.
The traditional keyboard layout based Bangla typing available in the application makes it easy for you to input special characters using your standard keyboard by simply choosing one of the predefined layouts: Probhat, Munir Optima, Avro Easy, Bornona or Jatya. As an alternative you can use the program's click and type virtual keyboard that allows you to use your mouse as the imputing device.
What is noticeable is that no Bangla fonts are needed for the application to do its work. That is possible due to its built-in automatic font installer that provides you with all the fonts the application uses without you having to search for the fonts.
Some of the other useful tools the application provides are Unicode to Bijoi text converter, skin designer, font fixer or iComplex: a tool to install complex script support in Windows. All these make Keyboard Bangla Software a complete product for using you keyboard with ease your keyboard when it comes to writing in Bangla.
Avro Keyboard description
Here are some key features of "Avro Keyboard":
· English to Bangla Phonetic Typing
· Traditional Keyboard Layout Based Typing
· Mouse Based Bangla Typing!
Others features includes:
· Input Language/Input Locale support
· Customizable Mode Switching (Single key/Key combination)
· Automatic Keyboard mode and Input Language Tracking
· Key Layout Viewer on the fly
· Keyboard Macro support
· Totally customizable
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The whole project has been rewritten from scratch for better performance
· Avro Keyboard is now Open Source, licensed under Mozilla Public License 1.1
· New Bangla Spell Checker. Both for plain text and rich text (through MS Word add-in).
· New Kalpurush Bangla font. Siyam Rupali is updated and now Windows 7 ready.
· New ANSI typing mode. Avro Keyboard can now be used with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and what not! New ANSI version of Siyam Rupali and Kalpurush fonts are provided, they are completely compatible with fonts from Bijoy 2000 version.
· New Font Fixer and iComplex. They now work right inside the installer.
· The installer also can update usp10.dll if it is allowed and the dll already
· installed is faulty.
· New Dictionary based typing mode in Avro Phonetic.
· New Unicode to ANSI (Bijoy 2000) plain text converter tool.
· New Keyboard Mode switcher key – Ctrl+Space. Ctrl+Alt+B option is removed.
· New cool splash screen and windows 7 ready icons. Showing splash screen at startup is n...