PopChar is an invaluable utility application that lets you insert special characters, accented and foreign letters or symbols from all the installed fonts into your documents.
All you have to do is launch the software, click the desired character, and the character is inserted into your current document.
If a font contains Unicode characters, you can check "Unicode" in the Settings menu to see all of them, neatly arranged in the standard Unicode categories.
Here are some key features of "PopChar":
· Inserts special characters right into your document - just click and select
· Search for characters by name as quickly as you type. For example, show all variations of the letter "E", all "numbers", all "arrows", etc.
· Recent characters view for instant access to your frequently used characters
· Flexible user interface to satisfy the individual needs of different users
· Displays the keystrokes needed to create selected characters
· Displays all characters of all fonts available on your computer
· Automatically detects the current font in many popular applications (including Word, Excel, Illustrator, PageMaker)
· Optimized Font menu that contains only the most recently used fonts, giving quick access to the required font, even with hundreds of fonts installed
· Full Unicode support with different comfortable views and pop-up menu for quick navigation among groups of characters
· Various insertion Modes: Insert characters as plain or formatted text
· Magnifier tool providing an enlarged view to see all details of characters including their position relative to the baseline
· Inserts HTML symbols
· Finds all fonts that contain a given character
· Lets you define favorite fonts and favorite characters
· Hot key activation
· Automatically starts at login
· Some special characters are disabled
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixes a problem where PopChar Win 5.5.1 did still not launch correctly on some 64 bit Windows XP configurations.