And the BDF fonts to an Adobe Type 1 .pfa file. And also the other font formats supported by the FreeType library to an Adobe Type 1 .pfa file.
Yet another use is as a hinting engine: feed it an unhinted or poorly hinted Adobe Type 1 font through the FreeType library and get it back with freshly generated hints. If you want .pfb files, don't despair: they can be produced too.
The files produced by default are in human readable form, which further needs to be encoded with the t1utilities, to work with most software requiring type 1 fonts. But for the lazy people ttf2pt1 includes a built-in portion of t1utilities as well.
- Improved the auto-vectoring (-OV) alrogithm.
- Allow use of any encoding table of format 4 in the ttf parser.
- Take the first available format 4 encoding table if no known table is found in the ttf parser.
- The ttf parser lists the available encodings if no supported encoding table is found. This can be used to list the encodings in any font by specifying a bogus explicit PID/EID, such as with option -l plane pid=50,eid=50.
- Fix to build all the features on Windows MS C , by Tomoo Amano.
- Fix for a null pointer in the encodings, bad inner loop variable.
- Unified the parsing of font name strings and improved the checks against invalid characters.