Softpedia Editor's Review for ALNO AG Kitchen Planner
Plan Your Dream-Kitchen with this easy-to-use application!
Written by Mihaela Citea on December 27th, 2012
ALNO AG Kitchen Planner is a tool that you can use to design your dream virtual kitchen. Designed for both architects and home users, this application comes with advanced 2D and 3D display capabilities.
The interface is pretty blunt, but clean and straightforward, offering you easy access to all the options. You can switch between the 2D and the 3D viewing mode anytime, in order to get a visual image of how your kitchen looks like and identify other necessary changes. Navigation is also easy: zoom in and out and rotate using your mouse.
The program offers you total design freedom, as you can customize the room dimensions (width, depth and height), select floor or wall colors and place windows and doors wherever you want.
Furthermore, it comes with a diverse collection of items to place in your kitchen. From wall elements and units (beams, chimneys, cooker hoods etc.), to drawers and cabinets of all shapes and sizes, sinks, fixed tables and illumination panels, you can include it all in your project. To add a personal note, decorate it with chairs and tables, wall tiles, pictures and other items.
Use the search function to easily find the article you need and simply drag and drop it on the drawing board to add it to your kitchen. You can adjust each item's dimension and position, as well as modify the lighting conditions.
Once you finish designing the room, you can admire your work from different perspectives in full screen mode. It is possible to save snapshots of the room in JPG format or print them directly from the application.
Ease of use, together with the large collection of realistic accessories and the 3D are features that make this application a great utility for designing your virtual kitchen.
ALNO AG Kitchen Planner description
· Intel or AMD processor 600MHz or more
· 128 MB RAM
· 64 MB graphics card (Supports OpenGL)
· 1024x768 pixel resolution at 32 bit colour depth
· Microsoft IE Version 4.0 and up
· Mouse with scroll wheel
· 65 MB free hard disk space
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New Objects: 21 fronts, 41 base units, 18 wall units, 9 tall units, 6 dresser units, Functional shelves, Glass niche back panel in 80cm width, 17 handles, Country-house style nordic colour spruce quartz grey, 15 worktop colours, 9 carcase colours, 16 niche back panel colours, 16 shelf colours, 7 plinth colours, 9 accent colours, further, previously missing articles added, 3 sample plans
· New Funktions: Article Colours - Carcase, Plinth, Back Panels, Accent Colour, Top Panels and Shelves, Country-House Styles - are now showing the materials (laminate, lacquer, real wood, acrylic)
· Bugfix: Texts revised
· Bugfix: Missing article images added