Chord Scale Generator description
Comprehensive software chords and scales
Want to learn more about chords and scales on your guitar, bass guitar, ukulele, banjo, mandolin or other stringed instrument?
Chord Scale Generator is an all-in-application for practicing and learning chords and scales.
Rather than building on a limited chord database Chord Scale Generator uses a powerful and generic algorithm to determine all possible chords for any instrument or tuning.
Therefore, instead of showing just a certain number of pre-selected chord charts the Chord Scale Generator lets you easily find the chords you're really interested in.
Here are some key features of "Chord Scale Generator":
Supports All Stringed Instruments:
· The Chord Scale Generator supports all instruments with 2 to 12 strings or doubled strings. This includes instruments such as guitar, bass, banjo, mandolin, violin, viola, cello, balalaika, bouzouki, cavaquinho, charango, domra, and many more.
· The settings for many instruments with their most common tunings are already predefined in the Chord Scale Generator.
· It is possible to create new instruments. You can specify the name, dimensions (string and fret number) and tuning of the instrument, as well as more advanced settings like the sound, scale length and positions of the capo (tasto).
Supports All Chords:
· The Chord Scale Generator supports all possible chords.
· A multitude of the most common chords are already predefined, like for instance maj, min, maj7, aug, dim, m7, add9, add11 and many more.
· It is possible to create new chords.
· The Chord Scale Generator also supports different notations for a chord.
Supports All Scales:
· The Chord Scale Generator supports not only chords but also all possible scales.
· The most common scales, like the ecclesiastical modes and some pentatonics, are predefined.
· It is possible to create new scales.
Determines All Fingerings for a Certain Chord:
· The Chord Scale Generator helps you to determine all possible fingerings for a certain chord.
· The Chord Scale Generator works with a powerful algorithm, rather than rigid database structures, to generate the fingerings.
· In order to reduce the size of the result set a wide range of restrictions are available. Possible restrictions include the level, the grip range, and the bass or lead tone.
· 1 GHz CPU
· 256 MB of RAM (recommended 512 MB or more)
· Approximately 50 MB of disk space
· Sound card
· A display resolution of at least 1024 x 768
· An installed Java Runtime Environment (Version 6)
· The number of the predefined chords and scales is limited.
· There is only a limited number of chords and scales available and it is not possible to edit them or even create new chords or scales. Therefore, you can only perform the calculations on a certain number of chords and scales.