CurTiPot pH & Acid-Base Titration Curves is a a free software implemented into a .xls file for simulation and analysis of Potentiometric Titration Curves and for pH and acid-base equilibrium calculations.
You can use these files with all versions of Microsoft Excel in order to simulate titration curves.
Here are some key features of "CurTiPot pH & Acid-Base Titration Curves":
· pH calculations - from simple solutions to complex mixtures (>30 species) of acids, bases and salts in aqueous medium, including buffer solutions;
pH vs. volume of titrant data analysis of simulated and real potentiometric titration curves:
· graphical representation of curves, derivatives and distribution of species;
· precise evaluation of inflections of the curves by interpolation and smoothing of derivative curves with cubic splines;
· determination of multiple concentrations and refinement of pK values by nonlinear regression; decisive for very diluted, complex samples and other titrations with undefined inflections, eg., acid rain.
· Simulation of acid-base titration curves;
· data generation of simple and complex mixtures of acids and bases (>30 species) in aqueous solution;
· simulation of data with random experimental errors in pH and/or volume with Gaussian distribution;
· overlay of curves (>10) for visualization of the effect of changing parameters;
· preparation of an unlimited number of different titration curves for students' examinations.
· Generation of protonation diagrams and distribution curves of the equilibrium species of acids and bases as a function of pH as well as vs. volume of titrant.
· Microsoft Excel
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Average charge calculation and plot vs. pH with detection of isoelectric point (pI or IEP)
· User interface improvements in the pH_calc module