Global Mapper description
A useful set of tools for geographical data production
Global Mapper is one the most powerful and practical utilities for GIS data management. It allows the user to generate and combine the most variated data formats supported by the cartography industry. Something to have into account is the fact that Global Mapper makes all of this possible for only a small portion of the price of its competitors
There is not a GIS tool who compares with Global Mapper when you need to manage simultaneously the most variated types of data such as altitude files, vector data and raster or ASCII files with different coordinate and projection systems, all at the same time, and into one of the most simple and user friendly environment you ever seen.
With Global Mapper you can produce ouputs that are impossible to do with other high level products. Global Mapper unveils all the power of your hardware allowing you to manage huge data files with low-performance computers.
Global Mapper has been adopted by the USGS as a standard tool under the name of dlvg32 Pro. So you can have the peace of mind that all the convertion calculations and all the export formats match with the most elevated standards of the industry and they assure you an absolute compatibility when exchanging data with other users or applications.
Here are some key features of "Global Mapper":
· Global Mapper supports viewing of dozens of the most common data formats: GeoPDF, DLG (DLG-O & SDTS), DRG, DOQ, DEM, DGN, DTED, DWG, DXF, GPX, SDTS DEM, ECW, MrSID (Imagery & Lidar), ESRI Shapefiles, E00, Vertical Mapper GRD, JPEG2000, CADRG/CIB, GeoTIFF, KML/KMZ, Lidar LAS, Arc Grid, Tiger/Line, SEGP1/UKOOA P-190.
· Provides direct access to DigitalGlobe high resolution color imagery and OpenStreetMap.org detailed street maps for the entire world from within the application!
· Provides direct access to the complete TerraServer-USA satellite imagery and topographic map archive for the entire US free-of-charge within the application!
· Provides easy, direct access to WMS data sources, including built-in access to the complete 30-m NED database, the 3-arc second world SRTM database, and color global Landsat imagery free-of-charge within the application!
· Supports true 3D viewing of loaded elevation data including draping of any loaded imagery and vector data over the 3D surface.
· Crop, reproject, and merge any combination of raster data and elevation data, including DRGs. You can also crop data to an area feature.
· GeoPDF SUPPORT! You can import GeoPDF files and export any collection of loaded data to new GeoPDF files, making your data accessible to any user without requiring them to have any mapping knowledge.
· DIGITIZING SUPPORT! You can digitize new vector (area, line, and point) features by drawing them with the mouse. You can also edit existing vector features. Newly created and editing features can be saved to any of the supported export formats. In addition, shapes like rectangles, circles, ellipses, arcs, and concentric range rings. can be easily drawn as well. You can also input features via a series of distance/bearing/COGO coordinates.
· GPS SUPPORT! You can track a compatible GPS device connected to your computer's serial port or USB port in real-time over any loaded data. In addition, you can mark waypoints at the current GPS location and record a tracklog of where your GPS device has been while connected, all seamless with your loaded map data! With supported devices you can even track multiple GPS devices in order to perform fleet management functions.
· PROJECTION/DATUM SUPPORT - Global Mapper supports accurate conversions between a large list of projection systems and datums. NAD27 and NAD83 HPGN/HARN datum conversions in the US use the NADCON conversion method, and the NTv2 datum conversion method is used for the NAD27 (Canada), AGD66, AGD84, and NZGD49 datums. Custom datum conversions can be easily added in either 3-parameter or 7-parameter form if a required datum transformation is not already supported.
· EXPORT SUPPORT! You can export both vector, raster, and elevation data to a variety of formats (see below). You can merge any combination of data sets, regardless of source scale, type, and projection. You can also breakup your data into a regularly spaced grid on export if you'd like as well.
· 64 MB of RAM
· 40 MB of hard drive space for the installation. Space requirements for the data are typically higher depending upon the size of the dataset.
· You will be unable to export data to any format.
· You will be limited to loading a maximum of 4 data files at a time.
· You will be unable to view loaded elevation data in 3D.
· You will be unable to load workspaces.
· You will be unable to do line of sight calculations using loaded elevation data.
· You will be unable to perform view shed analysis using loaded elevation data.
· You will be unable to perform cut-and-fill volume calculations using loaded elevation data.
· You will be unable to work with map catalogs.
· You will be unable to download data from WMS map servers.
· You will be unable to save rectified imagery to fully rectified files.
· You will not be able to print to a specific scale (i.e. 1:1000).
· nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
Significant New Features:
· Added support for spatial databases (see list below) for both import and export.
· ESRI ArcSDE (requires ESRI license on machine and 32-bit only)
· ESRI File Geodatabase (includes raster and grid and all versions of file geodatabses, requires ESRI license on machine and 32-bit only)
· ESRI Personal Geodatabase (requires ESRI license on machine and 32-bit only)
· MySQL Spatial
· Oracle Spatial
· Added new Terrain Analysis menu and moved functionality like contour generation, combine terrains, and watershed there from the File menu.
· Added option to calculate the volume between 2 terrain surfaces on the new Terrain Analysis menu.
· Added option to find ridge lines on loaded terrain data on the new Terrain Analysis menu.
· Added new Favorites toolbar that provides easy access to frequently used Digitizer/Edit Tool options. The new toolbar automatically tracks which features you commonly uses and makes some of those available. Y...
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Global Mapper 14.0.3 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |