Hanzi Master is designed to help you memorize characters and words in Chinese . In the main window, characters with the same radical, phonetic component, or pronunciation as a character of interest are shown in the bottom three panels.
Words utilizing the character are displayed to the left and right. Hanzim also includes a reader window where Chinese text can be loaded or pasted in and read with pop-up annotations.
At the same time, the program has a search window which pops up to help you in finding characters by individual components.
In addition, Hanzim functions as a fast, easy dictionary: you can look up characters by Mandarin pinyin, Cantonese jyutping, radical, or English definition. Or paste a character from a browser or other place on your desktop for an instant view.
Here are some key features of "Hanzi Master Standard":
· Display characters with same radical, phonetic component, and pronunciation
· Display compounds a character participates in in first and second position
· Look-up by Mandarin pinyin or Cantonese jyutping
· Look-up by radical
· Look-up by English meaning
· Look-up-by-paste, and copy to clipboard functions
· Large Chinese-English dictionary, can be expanded by edit or import
· Narrow focus to most common characters
· "Live" look-up from Chinese text
· Find characters by component, words by pronunciation
· Build or import custom word and character lists for study
· Internet connection to obtain the trial key
· 14 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Bug fixes.