Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in LPT_Switch 2.3.0:
- Remote switching on and off devices at the remote phone. Need voice modem, so the program was able to answer the incoming call and decode the commands received from the keyboard caller's phone.
- If there is no response to the ping, then reboot the devices connected to a local area network computer.
- The tooltip when the mouse pointer on the form elements, but in past versions prompts appears in the status text in the bottom window.
- Added setup tab "System Close button (the x in the top right corner) minimizes the window to the tray and does not close the program".
malware send us
- LICENSE TYPE:
- FILE SIZE:
- 1.1 MB
- OUR RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- USER RATING:
- C: \ Others \ Home & Education
Robust device controller
The application can help you individually command several electronic devices, either by remotely using the phone keypad of a voice modem connected to your computer. Alternately, you can use the client utility to remotely control these devices from any machine connected to your main computer’s network.
The LPT port, commonly referred as parallel port helps you connect peripheral devices to your computer. Using it, the program can switch on and off several electronic device connected to your computer. This can be seen as a tool for interfacing with household appliances.
Handy electronic device switcher
LPT_Switch can help you individually set up each connected device, by separately accessing its settings. On top of that, you can write custom scripts and use them to handle device behavior.
Each pin from a parallel port can have a device connected to it, and the application uses these pins and sensors to switch devices either on or off. Furthermore, you can control the main application from any other machine connected to your network, on which you have installed the remote client utility.
All in all, LPT_Switch can be used as a virtual remote for your electrical appliances, allowing you to individually switch them on or off. The application requires some technical knowledge to be correctly used, and it might seem quite confusing to users that do not possess such knowledge, although, once you get in the hang of it, you can easily control your electronic household devices.
LPT_Switch was reviewed by Andrei Fercalo, last updated on July 25th, 2014
Runs on: Windows All