LenMus is a powerful, highly-featured and yet easy-to-use program to help in the learning of the musical language. Its integration architecture allows to create interactive books on music: scores, fully interactive, as well as exercises can be embedded into texts. It will include a notation editor.
LenMus Phonascus is a totally free program that allows you to focus on specific skills and exercises, on both theory and aural training.
All the integrated activities can be easily customized in order to meet all your needs. LenMus Phonascus allows you to work at your own pace, providing interactive feedback until mastery of each concept is achieved.
Here are some key features of "LenMus Phonascus":
LenMus is useful for aural training - Musical dictation is difficult for students. It is practically impossible to do aural training to recognize intervals, chords, scales and tonality without a teacher who plays exercises at piano. LenMus Phonascus is always there to help you. And you don't need to have a piano at home! The following exercises are included:
· Comparison of intervals.
· Identification of intervals.
· Identification of chords.
· Identification of scales.
LenMus is useful to practise music theory concepts - LenMus Phonascus allows you to focus on specific skills and exercises. The different activities can be customized to meet your needs. Phonascus allows you to work at your own pace, providing interactive feedback until mastery of each concept is achieved. Phonascus includes exercises on:
· Identifying and building key signatures.
· Building and spelling intervals.
· Identifying scales.
· Identifying chords.
· Music reading: scores composed by the program. Never repeated.
· Clefs reading
· Unicode build, to fully support internationalization.
· English, Spanish, French and Turkish translations currently available.
· Changing to another language is immediate. No need to restart the program.
· All available exercises can be also embedded in eBooks' texts, and its customisation predefined.
· eBooks are written in XML, with DocBook syntax.
· Option to do exercises in teams: two answer counters are displayed and each new problem is assigned to a different team.
· At start, the program automatically checks if a new version is available.
· Scores can be exported as bmp or jpg images.
· Score renderization uses anti-aliasing techniques for improving visual quality of displayed scores. This improves readability and minimizes visual tiredness.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Full translation to Chinese.
· Changes in exercises to display more messages to guide users.
· Added options to clefs reading exercise for choosing clef and notes range.
· Occasional program termination when moving to another exercise.
· In compare interval exercise the option to start both intervals with same note was not working.
· In interval exercises sometimes an strange error message saying that 'Not possible to generate valid interval' was displayed.
· Button colour was removed as soon as mouse moved over the button.
· Other bug fixes and changes related to exercises.
· Moved to Lomse library version 0.14, as it fixed many bugs.
· Technical changes: Logger class removed and replaced by Lomse logger.