Loqu8 iCE will make your Chinese learning fun. Some websites can translate foreign language, but only Loqu8 iCE's powerful instant immersion technology helps you learn using your own emails and documents - or by browsing websites that interest you.
Loqu8 users are people who learn by exploring. Our on-demand learning model is the result of years of research at Stanford University in cognitive science and information processing.
Here are some key features of "Loqu8 iCE":
Instant English Translations:
· Loqu8 iNterpret refines interactive Chinese-English translation. Instead of requiring cumbersome keystrokes and mouse clicks, iNterpret simply translates text as you glide your mouse. A pop-up window translates Chinese (Simplified or Traditional) characters at your mouse pointer. Lookup words using Chinese, Pinyin or English in the 60,000 word dictionary.
Power of Pronunciation:
· Learn how to speak Mandarin by listening to the words. From the same pop-up window, choose Pronounce and iNterpret intonates the word or phrase in Standard Mandarin. iNterpret embeds a text-to-speech engine to precisely pronounce the four tones of Mandarin. An estimated 836 million people speak Mandarin Chinese around the world.
Learning Chinese in a Modern Context:
· Traditional language classes frequently focus on vocabulary lists. Students can quickly become bored trying to memorize words without a proper context. iNterpret helps students learn and discover Chinese through immersion in popular websites. As students come across unfamiliar words, the pop-up window provides a quick description.
· For example Harbin is the capital of Heilongjiang province in northeast China. From the pop-up translation window, students can search the web with BBC News or Google Images. As students interact with web-based content, their interest deepens and Chinese characters suddenly come to life--like never before.
· .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
· 15 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Expands universal access to include Mozilla Firefox 10, Google Chrome 14 and Microsoft IE 9
· While browsing Chinese websites and documents, iCE's popup window helps you understand and learn Chinese instantly
· Includes one high quality text-speech Mandarin Chinese voice for AutoPronunce