Softpedia Editor's Review for Microsoft Mathematics
Learn to solve equations step-by-step
Written by Elena Opris on May 8th, 2013
Microsoft Mathematics is a software designed to help you learn equations in a user-friendly environment.
The interface of the program is clean and intuitive. In the "Worksheet" area you can type an expression on the lower part of the screen and press the "Enter" button to process it.
Results are instantly displayed above this area. For each equation you can edit the entry or view keyboard equivalents.
Furthermore, you can plot an equation or function in the "Graphing" tab (2D or 3D, Cartesian or Polar), as well as insert a data set, parametric functions and inequalities.
On the left side of the screen, you can use the calculator pad to input shortcuts for complex numbers, calculus (e.g. partial derivatives, indefinite integrals), statistics (e.g. geometric means, permutations), trigonometry, linear algebra (e.g. matrix insertions, transpositions) and standard elements (e.g. expand, slope, pi). Also, you can create a "favorite buttons" group.
In addition, you can use the "Undo" and "Redo" buttons, as well as initiate a triangle solver, equation solver, unit converter, formulas and equations (e.g. geometry, physics, chemistry, laws of exponents, logarithm properties, constants).
Plus, you can save data in the Microsoft Mathematics format, change the interface skin and color scheme, disable the calculator pad, view stored variables, zoom, and more.
The program uses a pretty high amount of system resources and contains a comprehensive help file (also includes a glossary). We haven't encountered any kind of problems during our tests and we strongly recommend Microsoft Mathematics to teachers or students.
Microsoft Mathematics description
Here are some key features of "Microsoft Mathematics":
· The Graphing Calculator, with extensive graphing and equation-solving capabilities.
· Step-by-Step Math Solutions that guide students through problems in subjects from pre-algebra to calculus.
· The Formulas and Equations Library, with more than 100 common math equations and formulas to help students identify and easily apply the right equation.
· The Triangle Solver, a graphing tool that students can use to explore triangles, and understand the relationship between different components to solve sides, angles, values and formulas.
· The Unit Conversion Tool lets students quickly and easily convert units of measure including length, area, volume, weight, temperature, pressure, energy, power, velocity and time.
· New! Ink Handwriting Support works with Tablet and Ultra-Mobile PCs, so students can write out problems by hand and have them recognized by Microsoft Math.
· Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
· Computer processor: 500 MHz Pentium processor or equivalent (minimum), 1 GHz Pentium processor or equivalent (recommended)
· Memory: 256 MB of RAM (minimum), 512 MB or more (recommended)
· Display resolution: 800 x 600, 256 colors (minimum), 1024 x 768, 32-bit (recommended)
· Video: Video card with 64 MB of video RAM
· Disk space: 65 MB available disk space
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Microsoft Mathematics 4.0.1108.0 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |