Primer Premier is a comprehensive primer design application.
Here are some key features of "Primer Premier":
· PCR primer design- design primer pairs for PCR and multiplex experiments.
· Cross species- Amplify sequences from multiple species.
· Pathogenic detection- Locate oligos in highly conserved regions.
· Allele specific- Exclusively amplify a single member of a set of related sequences.
· Degenerate- Start with an amino acid sequence, reverse translate and design oligos in regions of low degeneracy automatically.
· Nested/multiplex- Checking homology among multiple candidate oligos.
· Restriction enzyme and motif analysis- Select from the database of over 800 enzymes and 200 common motifs.
· Clustal W alignments- Load the aligned sequences after performing ClustalW alignment using any resource, including EBI.
· Multiple sequence alignment- Use the popular Clustal W algorithm to align sequences from your desktop (available in Windows version only).
· Algorithm- Calculates Tm using Breslauer values.
· Long PCR- Handles sequences up to 50 KB.