Softpedia Editor's Review for Subs Grabber
Easily find and download subtitles
Written by Bogdan Popa on May 15th, 2012
Downloading subtitles for your movies is an easy task with so many websites created in this regard, but Subs Grabber lets you do the same thing from the comfort of your desktop.
The application was developed to help you search for subtitles and download them with just a few clicks, but it also provides some other options to enhance the whole process.
Truth is, the GUI isn’t exactly well thought out, so you may need a few seconds to figure out which feature is which, but it still helps the app do what it says.
There are two searching modes available, both of them capable of looking for subtitles on no less than 10 online databases, with support for many languages, including Romanian, Italian, French, English and German.
First of all, there’s the typical searching method that requires you to write down a keyword and thus look for a specific subtitle, but a second and more effective solution is also available. You can use a movie stored on the local disks to search for a subtitle, with Subs Grabber collecting video information and thus returning the correct subtitle.
Besides the powerful subtitle search engine, Subs Grabber also comprises a subtitle uploading utility to let others download the file, but lots of details are required. You have to input move file, title, IMDB link, plot and genre, poster, subtitle author, language, format, number of CDs and FPS.
There are only a few settings to play with, but Subs Grabber can integrate into the Windows Context Menu for quick file searching, adjust movie result limits and configure movie posters.
All things considered, if you are a movie fan, Subs Grabber may come in very handy, but remember that this tool needs multiple enhancements, starting with a more user-friendly interface and ending with support for many more online databases.
Subs Grabber description
Here are some key features of "Subs Grabber":
· fastest search engine on 8 subtitles servers (more to be added)
· release names highlight (for best results add the movie file when searching for subs)
· perfect match subtitles (movies linked with video file)
· mass download
· optional shell integration for quick searching
· IMDb info grabbing
· automatically unpack subtitles after grabbing them
· movie cover/poster on search results (ready to be grabbed as well)
· search for a subtitle in almost any language: Albanian, Arabic, Belarus, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Chinese, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Latvian, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese Brazilian,Romanian, Russian, Serbian… and many more
· Internet Connection
· 30 days trial
· Nag screen
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed: some utf8 characters doesn't display right in the movie list
· Modified: working window expanded, more colored now
· Modified: small improvements to speed up the search
· Added: option to set how many seconds to wait for a server to respond
· Added: new server titlovi.com; with support for Croatian, Serbian, Cyrillic, Slovenian, Bosnian, Macedonian and English subtitles.
· Added: new server subscene.com with support for almost all languages
· Added: new server subtitrari-noi.ro with support for Romanian subtitles.
· Added: SubsGrabber can grab now quality posters from IMDb; you can set the size in pixels of grabbed posters;
· Added: option to auto grab poster to disk after saving subtitle
· Added: option to auto save subtitle and movie info in a text file after saving subtitle to disk
· Added: 64bit Shell Extension. Subs Grabber now successfully integrates on 64 bit windows platforms
· Added: option to remove shell icons painted next to option name.
· Added: option to remove the shell cas...
| ||Softpedia guarantees that Subs Grabber 188.8.131.52 is 100% CLEAN, which means it does not contain any form of malware, including spyware, viruses, trojans and backdoors. [read more >] |