The Oud Tutor 1.4
The Oud Tutor supports middle-eastern music (a.k.a. "Arab-Music" and "Arabic Music") via providing 1/4 tones and allowing the definition and selection of “maqams”. The selected “maqam” is reflected visually onto the oud, by indicating the “maqam” notes and their fingering positions on the virtual oud.
When playing the sample melodies that come with The Oud Tutor, the maqam of the played melody is reflected onto the oud. If the music piece involves maqam changes (modulation), the changes are shown in real-time.
In addition to playing music files, The Oud Tutor also allows you to play the oud yourself using the mouse or the keyboard. The Oud Tutor provides full microtone capability, with a user-controlled option to approximate microtones smaller than quarter notes to the nearest 1/4 note.
- Various oud tunings for both 5-string and 6-string ouds
- User-selected oud orientation (right-handed, left-handed, player view, and mirror view)
- Allowing quarter tones
- 21 predefined maqams, with all their possible transpositions (different "tonic" notes)
- The oud visually reflects the selected maqam via indicating the "maqam" notes and their fingering positions
- Music playback and fingering animation for the standard MIDI files and the proprietary MZ* files. The latter file format provides for displaying sheet music.
- Possibility to transpose the playback by whole octaves
- MIDI channel filtering, with 2 independent aspects: sound and fingering animation
- On-the-fly tempo control during playback
- Full microtone capability when playing the oud using the mouse. Clicking an oud string at any point will produce the exact tone that would be produced on a real oud.
- Sample melodies from classical Arab-music in different maqams