Wave Interference is an easy to use, Java based simulation application designed to make waves with a dripping faucet, audio speaker, or laser. You can add a second source or a pair of slits to create an interference pattern.
The sample learning goals are:
· Find points of constructive and destructive interference by eye, and by using the detectors
· Predict wave patterns created by using slits.
· Predict the pattern of a reflected wave
· Relate two dimensional representations of waves to three dimensional waves
· Explain wave patterns from interfering waves using different sources and spacing
· Recognize the Doppler effect and predict the change in frequency that occurs
· In the light panel, predict the locations of the fringes that appear on the screen using d sin(?) = m?. Use the tape measure to verify your predictions.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added new translation credits features
· Removed extraneous "Options" menu
· Fixed: "reset all" does not remove walls that were added