Softpedia Editor's Review for BlackBerry Master Control Program
Complete BlackBerry device management, including the ability to download and install BlackBerry Device Drivers
Written by Bogdan Popa on February 13th, 2013
BlackBerry Master Control Program is a software solution aimed at all BlackBerry owners, providing a wide array of useful features, such as synchronization and backup tools.
The application offers two connectivity modes, USB and serial, but users will most likely prefer the first one because it provides higher transfer rates.
The interface is not the best we've seen, that's for sure, and as such, it may take a while to figure out how to use the application since the look isn't quite user friendly.
BlackBerry Master Control Program bundles so-called “Java Loaders” which allow you to factory reset the connected BlackBerry device, recover memory, wipe the handheld, either completely or just remove the applications and file system, set the time and turn on or off the radio.
In addition, there's a dedicated tool to capture a screenshot and save it separately on your computer, with separate options to set up the feature to take new screenshots at a user-defined interval.
Another thing that's worth mentioning is that BlackBerry Master Control Program boasts what specialists call “Operating System Management” that may be a somewhat risky job for beginners. It allows users to download a new BlackBerry OS and install it on their mobile phones.
And last but not least, there's also a separate screen with download links for USB drivers and other useful goodies for all BlackBerry owners, including desktop software and operating systems.
All in all, BlackBerry Master Control Program is a nice way to get in touch with your BlackBerry device, but some improvements are a must have in certain areas.
BlackBerry Master Control Program description
Here are some key features of "BlackBerry Master Control Program":
· Performs ALL JavaLoader commands and options - one hundred percent - graphically.
· Upgrade/Downgrade to any device OS that is installed on your computer - without having to uninstall other OS's.
· Relocates OS files to the same locations as CrackMem, so you can switch between MCP or CrackMem at will.
· MCP is available via Windows Control Panel after installation.
· Easy to access shortcuts to the most common BlackBerry tools.
· BlackBerry Device
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added JavaLoader 7.0 Beta 2 (from BlackBerry JDE 7.0 Beta 2).
· All downloads on the Downloads screen have been updated.
· MCP Support link (Welcome screen) fixed.
· MCP Portable updates and fixes.
· MCP Redesigned for PortableApps Platform “Next” Pre-Release 3