FCEUX is an interesting and useful NTSC and PAL Famicom/NES emulator that is an evolution of the original FCE Ultra emulator. Over time FCE Ultra had separated into many separate branches.
The concept behind FCEUX is to merge elements from FCE Ultra, FCEU rerecording, FCEUXD, FCEUXDSP, and FCEU-mm into a single branch of FCEU. As the X implies, it is an all-encompassing FCEU emulator that gives the best of all worlds for the casual player, the ROM-hacking community, Lua Scripters, and the Tool-Assisted Speedrun Community.
We are particularly excited by the Lua scripting capabilities which have been ported over from FCEU rerecording and prepped for further development. FCEUX2.1 comes pre-packaged with all Lua related .dlls. In order to use Lua in windows builds prior to 2.1 you will need the luapack [fceux.com/luapack] which should be unzipped alongside your fceux.exe. The large numbers of dlls wasn't our choice; but it will enable the iup user interface library which will permit scripts to create their own guis, as well as rendering the base FCEUX distribution more compact.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Major Bug / Crash Bug Fixes
· Fixed throttling problems that resulted on AMD Dualcore processors. (Caused FCEUX to appear to be in turbo mode).
· Fix major crash issue where NROM game (such as SMB) savestates were writing erroneous information if a non NROM game was loaded prior.
· Fixed a bug that caused a new sav file to not get created when loading a 2nd battery backed game.
· Fix Directory Overrides so to allow users to have no override. Also fixes directory override reset bug.
· Minor Bug fixes
· Hotkeys - prevent "Hotkey explosion" where some laptop keys set off all unassigned hotkeys
· Timing - "disable throttling when sound is off" now only affects FCEUX when sound is off
· Clip Left and Right sides taken into account when drawing on screen (record/play/pause, lag & frame counters, messages, etc)
· Fixed bug where having sound off and Mute turbo caused chirps when toggling
· Video settings - fixed bug when both aspect ratio correction and special scaling 3x are set, video was getting ...